Nicks Blog | Old Poclains never die!

News from the market and industry

Topic author
RSS Bot

Nicks Blog | Old Poclains never die!

Post #1 by RSS Bot » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:20 am

Following a recent discussion about old Poclain excavators over at CJ Space I thought I would share my photos of an old TY45 that I came across in St Ive nr Liskeard in Cornwall a couple of years ago.

The TY45 owned by Mr Derek Breyley was driven out of the shed where it had been stood for many months and into one of Mr Breyleys fields where it was skilfully put through its paces by Mr Breyleys son Alistair. It was a delight to see the old machine in action and to listen to that old familiar drone coming from its Deutz air cooled diesel engine.

Derek told me that the machine has given them wonderful service around the farm over the years on all manner of jobs including drainage work, ditch cleaning, hedge building & yard cleaning to name a few.

Derek had originally bought the machine from St Austell based demolition & recycling firm DRS who had used it for many years on various jobs across the South West, but such is the nature of demolition, punctures were a constant problem and so the machine was replaced by a tracked one.

The machine was originally bought brand new by South West construction company Devon Contractors; the number plate on the machine would suggest that this was around 1971-72.

© Copyright 2009
http://www.contractjournal.com/blogs/digger-blog/2009/02/old_poclains_never_die.html

martyn williams

Re: Nicks Blog | Old Poclains never die!

Post #2 by martyn williams » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:44 pm

When I worked in Exeter,we had an old poclain.I resprayed it white and blue which was the firms colours.It was last seen on a job in mid Devon a few years ago.I wonder if this machine is still in use somewhere. :?:

Return to “News”