Lancer boss Forklift

Talk about technical issues here. Questions and answers!

Topic author
Ned26410

Re: Lancer boss Forklift

Post #11 by Ned26410 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:38 am

Hi Jeremy,Money talks as they say.If you turn up anything it'll be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Ned

Green Dragon

Post #12 by Green Dragon » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:49 pm

Hi Ned, I'm in Fife Scotland.

Jeremy Rowland

Post #13 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:02 pm

Hi Ned,

Well I finally got to have a word with a fork truck machanic, I was not sure what model your truck was but I told him that you had oil leaking out of the bellhousing and I asked him what this could be?
Apparently there is a transmission oil pump that is located in the bellhousing and the seal blows on this pump, he did say that you should check the pump itself out and not just replace the seal in it because these pumps can fail and if you fitted a new seal it would blow in a very short time if the pump is knackered.
It would require the engine taking out to get to this pump but he said that you may not have to remove the counterweight that depends on the machine make and model.
If you need a pump for yours I do have a number that I can pm you.

Jeremy

Topic author
Ned26410

Post #14 by Ned26410 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:18 am

Thanks for the reply Jeremy.I took the engine and transmission out this evening.I didnt have to take the weight off which was a blessing.I have my doubts that the problem will be as simple as a cheap seal ,but hopefully im wrong.Due to some other problems with this machine,if this pump you speak of is duff,it wont be justifiable to buy a new one,as i cant imagine it would be anywhere near cheap (€100). I know some pumps are repairable but some arent,and replacement parts can be expensive and hard to get for this age of a machine.I'll keep you posted.

Return to “Tech Talk”