My new Toy

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
topkit
Flag: Great Britain

My new Toy

Post #1 by topkit » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:04 pm

I sold my Massey 40 this week just in time for me to get a 3CX which arrived today so its had a quick pressure clean, The electrics are looking pretty good it's got wipers and indicators etc. So now looking forward to going through it to get it up to how i want it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeremy Rowland

Re: My new Toy

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:19 am

That Massey 40 looked tidy David any particular reason that you ditched it in favour of the 3CX or did you just fancy a 3CX?

Jeremy

bigkit

Post #3 by bigkit » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:43 am

Nice David, I'de better pop in for a cuppa and view it! :lol: :thumbup:

Topic author
topkit

Post #4 by topkit » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:28 am

The massey was a nice little machine Jeremy it did not look that good when it arrived with me, but it paid for itself and earnt me a cup of tea aswell, i just always fancied a 3CX so this one is a good basis for tidying up and using for a little while, i would like to get a T series Massey 50 Hx next time around, i have found a company up in Yorkshre who do the glass doors or about £185 which is a pretty good price so i am hoping to get up country this week to get one, i must remember to take my camera for this months photo competition, Clive you can pop over for Tea it's 50p a cup but i will throw in a Chocolate Digestive! :lol:

Topic author
topkit

Post #5 by topkit » Sun May 04, 2014 7:20 pm

Well since my last post on the 3CX i have used it a bit around the place and now done a few jobs on it i now have every light working on it front and rear wipers too, i have now started to respray it. I am using RAL code 2003 which may be a bit too yellow, i have some later paint sitting around which i may end up using which has that hint of orange in it but it may be a bit to late (more 1989 shade) Does anyone know where (or have the part numbers) so i can get the JCB, + Sitemaster & 3cx logos from my machine also had the red and white chevrons on the rear legs which i would also like to get.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeremy Rowland

Post #6 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun May 04, 2014 9:07 pm

Looking good David it's coming along fine. :thumbup:

Jeremy

Topic author
topkit

Post #7 by topkit » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:08 pm

With a bit of decent weather i have now finished my latest project, just the oil, water, gearbox oils to change and the Sitemaster Decals to put on the loader arms i am pleased with the end result now what shall i get next?

hubert

Post #8 by hubert » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:12 pm

Tidy looking job.

Dave.arthur

Post #9 by Dave.arthur » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:57 am

Looks great, hope I can get mine looking as nice!

Topic author
topkit

Post #10 by topkit » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:11 pm

Well i am reviving my old post as i sold my 3CX a few weeks ago, so i have been on the lookout for a later replacement and i found her last week so i now have a 1999 Fermec 860 with the RCS Ride control, It has come from a farm so has a quick hitch bucket attachment on the front and a quick hitch for the rear which i have not fitted yet, She is very tight on her pins and was really only let down by poor paintwork. So this weekend i have attacked that and sanded the paintwork back then zinc primed it all followed by several coats of a mix MF Yellow which turned out to be a bit bright so i mixed i little of the later JCB yellow to it which has given a pretty good shade of Yellow

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”