JCB 3c II fuel in the oil - fuel pumps?

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

essexpete

Re: JCB 3c II fuel in the oil - fuel pumps?

Post #21 by essexpete » Fri Jul 05, 2024 8:31 am

kardigen wrote:Update. It turned out that one of the rocker's arm and shaft connecting rods got loose, popped out somehow and stuck in the way that one of the valves was always open... I was lucky it did not break anything in the engine. It bent a little though (unfortunately I have no pictures ). So I took it out, made it straight, and checked all the other rods, rocker arms, slits, etc... basically, I reassembled the engine head and reset everything to the correct settings and now it works great! No more fuel in the oil. Oil is nice and clean. I have checked a few times after reassembly if the settings are still correct, nothing is getting loose, or the rod I made straight back is bending again, etc. All seems good so far.

Great thanks to Sandy for help. Thanks!

Well talked through Sandy, you were on the money!

Billy26F5
Flag: Great Britain

Re: JCB 3c II fuel in the oil - fuel pumps?

Post #22 by Billy26F5 » Fri Jul 05, 2024 5:08 pm

You're very lucky. Normally bent push rods are much more expensive to fix, without contemplating the more serious issues that can happen as well. Super Billy had a similar issue, with the tappet adjuster coming loose, but in that case the valve stayed closed causing a pronounced knock and making the head gasket leak under the immense pressure in the cylinder. We were lucky too as after all we managed to avoid replacing the gasket as the head had only been torqued cold and we therefore had the margin of torquing the head hot. That was the reason I thought it was worth checking.
Glad it's fixed, now you can play with your JCB! (you'll never get bored of it)
Sandy
ImageImageImage

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”