Which JCB?

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

TullyveeryClassicJCB
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Which JCB?

Post #11 by TullyveeryClassicJCB » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:39 pm

The 5 x 2 speed box is more reliable than the 3x3 box but make sure you try out reverse gear on it before you buy as some can be very slow. The 3x3 box when working as it should is a total joy to drive. Only came in the mk3's and is very rare. One such digger is for sale in Ealing if that's any good to you?
William

JCB Hydra Digger Loadall 65
JCB 3DIII Powertrain
JCB 3DIII (Manual)
JCB 3DII
JCB 3CIII
JCB 805B

Topic author
SiH
Flag: France

Post #12 by SiH » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:51 pm

Thanks William,thats good to know. I`ll nip over again in a week or so and try to get the thing moving and try it all out. I`m in France,so thanks for the offer of the one in Ealing but it would be a bugger it get it back here! I wish I had the choice of the ones you do in the UK thats for sure. Merry Christmas All ! :)

Land Rover

Post #13 by Land Rover » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:10 pm

Bloody hell , that looks like it needs a bit of attention ! . If it runs and can dig a hole then it's job done I suppose .

I recently bought a 3cx grey cab and although spares are easy enough I've had the guy at diggerparts tell me he can't really help with spares and I'd be better going elsewhere . It's left me wishing I'd bought the P8 , but I couldn't afford one anyway !

Topic author
SiH

Post #14 by SiH » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:28 am

Got the 3c in the pics running yesterday,ran well. Hydraulics worked ok,but the back actor when moving left and right ,while strong enough,had a lot of slack in it,ie took a while to settle,so the slew pots are knackered are they?
Anything else I should look out for particularly on a 3c like this?

Topic author
SiH

Post #15 by SiH » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:58 pm

Discovered today that the clutch is stuck on the 3c. Any tips anybody can give me on how to free it off? Cant believe I didnt spot it the last time I looked at it. ;(
:arrrrgh:

Topic author
SiH

Post #16 by SiH » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:16 pm

Bit the bullet and bought the old 3C in the pics! My first JCB!!!!! :) - and cant believe I`ve got one at last!! Hope to get it home on Friday sometime.
After sorting out the niggles with it, I want to put some pallet forks on it somehow,as cheaply and simply as possible(any ideas?)as I`ve been told the flipover forks are difficult to use as you cant see what youre doing. So thinking about getting another loader bucket to use as a donor/headstock for forks,but we`ll see. Also another crazy thought-has anyone fitted a flail mower head to a back actor on one of these?- is it worth it? or too difficult to control/set up? Cheers lads! :)

diggerjones

Post #17 by diggerjones » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:44 pm

Well done with the purchase. Unless you were going to use pallet forks alot I wouldn't bother. I used to just use scaffold poles and chains

Topic author
SiH

Post #18 by SiH » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:42 pm

Thanks DJ,it's a bit rough and needs some work, but I'm in no rush. I just know it'll be really useful to me for years to come hopefully. That's a good idea of the tubes and chains too. How much will the front loader lift then?

diggerjones

Post #19 by diggerjones » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:05 pm

Is the clutch still stuck? They will lift 2 or 3 tonnes I would think. What restricts you is either the tyres will go bang, you won't be able to steer, the back end will lift up. Regarding the chains if you attached them as near to the back of the bucket you will get better lift. I am no expert on this or jcb,s

Topic author
SiH

Post #20 by SiH » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:20 am

Yep the clutch is still stuck. Hope to get it on the low loader as is,and when I get it back drive it around the field with crossed fingers and the clutch pushed down!? Failing that then bell housing off I suppose. Jeeze! That's an impressive lift! Very useful that'll be. Cheers DJ. ;)

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”