Heavy (ish) haulage and advice on Indispension trailers

Discuss heavy haulage here

Topic author
SRB
Flag: Great Britain

Heavy (ish) haulage and advice on Indispension trailers

Post #1 by SRB » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:59 pm

Needed to move a couple of new 20.5 r 25 tyres to one of our contractors a couple of mile down the road, no trailer about in the yard so chucked them on the back of the pick up, on strap later and we were away.

Now looking for a decent plant trailer for the yard....

How do people rate indispension trailers??

SB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
He who hingeth aboot, getteth hee-haw

John Gaunt

Re: Heavy (ish) haulage and advice on Indispension trailers

Post #2 by John Gaunt » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:08 pm

Hi Stuart,
I don't have any experience with Indespension trailers, but I can recommend Ifor Williams. They seem to be the standard in the Vintage community for moving tractors, ploughs etc.
As you probably know, you can pull up to 3.5 tonne gross on a 50mm ball hitch on overrun brakes. For maximum carrying capacity therefore the trailer should be as light as possible, so best to avoid triple axles and go for twin axle.
The Ifor Williams flatbed takes two loading ramps in a slot behind the rear number plate, they are very easy to pull out and use. Ive used a 12ft x 6ft Ifor Williams Flatbed to move my CAT D2 (Probably right on the limmit).
One big word of caution, These trailers are HIGHLY nickable, so a strong lock is advisable at all times.

Topic author
SRB

Post #3 by SRB » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:35 pm

Cheers John,

Tried ringing local Ifor yard, got nothing but attitude, was told they'd need an order number straight away, i replied i was only asking for a price and availability, *sigh* call back tomorrow!

Going to look at a Indispension tomorrow that we can get a d/r 2 as well as upto 2.5/3 ton mini hex and it will take a bobcat/catcat skid steer.

SB
He who hingeth aboot, getteth hee-haw

Jack

Post #4 by Jack » Sat May 10, 2008 6:37 pm

SRB wrote:Cheers John,

Tried ringing local Ifor yard, got nothing but attitude, was told they'd need an order number straight away, i replied i was only asking for a price and availability, *sigh* call back tomorrow!

SB

Was that T.A Trailers in Aldridge?

Thats where we got ours. :thumbs_up: Was it a mini plant trailer your looking for or a dropside tipper like us?
Ours Is a relly nice trailer and can carry about 2 - 3 tons on it. Hitched up to the Hilux

Thanks
Jack
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Heavy Haulage”