bobski the builder

Talk about everything else here.

Topic author
d4c24a

bobski the builder

Post #1 by d4c24a » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:09 pm

i recorded this on sky+ and have just watched it tonight :( what a disgrace to the british building trade that man is
professional brickie my arse
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

argie
Flag: Wales

Re: bobski the builder

Post #2 by argie » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:36 pm

I quite agree with you there, he was an utter disgrace. It's a wonder the family firm has gone on for so long :shock: The poor polish fella got well and truly ripped off by your typical narrow minded dickhead who thought he was getting conned :x Got to be very careful these days, get the contract signed first thing and any variations, get the client to give it in writing.
Got to cover your arse :thumbs_up:
Paul

DozerDave

Post #3 by DozerDave » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:46 am

My wife and I have watched this programme and we think that the British builder examples shown in this programme are a total disgrace to both their trade and as British Citizens :oops: ! I have reservations about how much UK building work has been going to Polish workers but going by the British crap shown on this programme, the Polish guy wins hands down.

Auf Wiedersehen guys

nick lamb

Post #4 by nick lamb » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:01 pm

I am in the building/timber merchant business and have many trade customers and d.i.y customers.We are not the cheap end market merchants so we are selling to tradesmen only using quality products and not 'cheap and cheerfull'.This gives us mainly quality tradesmen who take pride in their work.It has to be said that the BBC should do a 'rogue customer' documentary instead of 'rogue traders' documentary as there are many customers who try to hold the tradesman's money back on pretences of shoddy or incomplete work when in fact the customer is in fact an ar##hole or has run out of money.
Many of the younger tradesmen will often do extra work or daywork on the word of the customer saying'yeah,just do it,whatever it costs' and then when they want paying end up arguing in what the customer then says 'was in the original price'
As for the prick British builder,he wonders why all the Pole's are taking his work?????????
As for the Polish,I have employed them working in my joinery workshop where they were initially hardworking and reliable,and then went on to employ more of them to cut up a D8.This turned sour when they grouped together as they developed 'bone idle lazy syndrom'.(with attitude).I have since sacked all of them.
It's worth mentioning that I employed them because no British workers applied for the work......

bob
Flag: Great Britain

Post #5 by bob » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:17 pm

This is what I expect from are media there went looking for a polish builder who was very good who was working for english couple who where arrogant and complete pric ks Then they found english gobbee and useless builder working for non white customer who was too good to be true . This paints a picture of there typical white english as bad workers thick customers and all immigrants are perfect
Bob

Return to “Off Topic”