a few pints

Talk about everything else here.

Jeremy Rowland

Re: a few pints

Post #41 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:59 pm

tctractors wrote:Jeremy, if you want to post in this thread, you need to type a few verbs in a way or form we can read, colouring in a few round things is a bit not on! today I had to poke in a new set of front disc pads into a truck, after removing the front wheel I realized it was the wrong truck, the one needing the pad swap had been moved by someone on the site, those 23.5-25's are hard work to handle by myself for nothing.

TC your story reminds me when I was at my first place of employment and the foreman told one of the fitters to carry out a service on a blue Seddon Atki 200 series that was at the top of the shop; you guessed it there happened to be two blue 200 series and yes the fitter started servicing the wrong one................. thats called sods law!

Jeremy

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Post #42 by tctractors » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:46 pm

SRB & JR, I was told the A25 truck would be on this hard area snoozing ready for my efforts, I found out the dumpers were swapped by the driver as his was low on fuel and the pad swap 1 was gassed up ready to go??? anyhow I was slightly dogged off about this, after all the jacking up and undoing those pigish wheel nuts to find the 2 calipers with as new pads looking at me, only to be told that "thats the wrong Dumper Mate" this man will never manage to become my "Mate" so I fired the wheel back on and left the site as it was obvious the job was not important, the owner called me later to ask how things stood , I just said wheel off Blah Blah Pads as new Blah Blah so went on to my next job? later I had another call to do the job this morning as the Dumper will be parked ready for you, is it Double Bubble on a Sunday after getting messed about by "Pilot Error", well it is this Sunday.

Topic author
nick lamb

Post #43 by nick lamb » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:44 pm

I can imagine the sorrow and annoyance at taking the wrong dumper wheel off T.C but I think SRB has the edge on you for pulling the compactor to little bits :D .Hope the potato incident doesn't put you off crisps especially the crisps that tend to congregate around your pint on the bar!!!Perhaps your good lady wife will take and collect you from your local until you feel better.My own beer abstination ended tonight with two pints of Fosters Cold at the bar(with crisps).I feel I needed some beer after spending the day very wet under a D5 performing a service and then walking down the cut later with a cup of tea to see them working.They weren't.The D5 was final drive deep in muck and one of the D8's was sledging down about 60 feet of a batter with an avalance of wet clay under it.I will post some pics in my other thread.
Anyway......pics of my local ale house.......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tctractors

Post #44 by tctractors » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:56 pm

Blimey Nicky, that SRB gets all stuck in, I undid 12 lug nuts etc, Stuart converts a working chariot into a breakers yard?? never trust Men with a "tash" I say (or Women) the bonus is as the gearbox is out, go through it as 2nd gear is always calving down on em' the "Beer Front" has turned into the thin brown line as the Queen feels compelled to limit my swilling to 1 pint a night, I have put her on rations of just 1 kiss a night??? anyhow I just about clambered through the back door tonight, to be greeted by the Queen holding a tape measure (Never a good thing) this was to establish how much of a fatso I am and an approx life span? or better still when I should expect to Die, all before I managed to wash out my flask!!! when I spotted what was coming my way in fodder I will admit to wanting to hurl myself on a Sword, the wife was busy tapping stuff into a calculator and converting things from Kg's to Ft and inches or something, only to hear the words (4 letter verb here) it seems I am on the Cusp of Doom?? but no she pressed the wrong button and I am on the "Very Edge" of something or other?? I must compliment you on the Local Pub, it looks a blinder of a place with the Mild Pump firmly locked in the brain, I am used to being Arm locked with Ladys but they are usualy smothered in Tattoo's and I must say a lot fatter than that skinny lass in your pic, but she probably has lots of brothers so can fight like a Doberman, I would like to ask why those 2 Lady's are sucking their fingers? are they tasting that NZ honey stuff that Aldi sell for a Fiver a pot???

getting the wrong food tctractors this Healthy lark is making me ill

Jeremy Rowland

Post #45 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:27 pm

Blimey TC you must have been laying it on a bit thick with the old bad knee :wtf: no wonder your missus is claiming your at deaths door; before you know where you are it'll be lettuce sandwiches with other vegetation in em. :lol:
Me I'm busy getting unhealthy by eating all the crap I like plus the odd beverage and curry at the weekend.
Feeling fatter and no fitter.

Jeremy

bigkit

Post #46 by bigkit » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:21 pm

This is my favourite thread by fat, sorry far! :lol: :lol: :lol:

As a bloke said to me in the bakers this week while pigging out.............an empty sack wont stand on its own! Take note TC! :D :lol:

adamec140

Post #47 by adamec140 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:03 pm

Yeah but a full sack wont bend..... ;)

bigkit

Post #48 by bigkit » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:33 pm

:lol:

v64paul

Post #49 by v64paul » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:13 pm

The Hatton is a fine hostelry, I must make time to call in on the way to the Halliwell Jones to watch Warrington fight, I mean play. Work for me took a turn , not sure if it's for better or worse. We got lectured on the wonders of bio-methane gas a while ago, it's carbon positive you know. MAN have sold ten buses into Runcorn that are powered by the stuff and we are the mugs chosen to pick up the pieces. Sat through a 45 minute sales pitch hearing how good for the planet they are and how the suits at Dachau didn't want to know but this hero from Swindon got his own way. Apparently he travelled the world looking for someone to build the buses and after an exhaustive search, he chose Caetano from Portugal. Now I thought how good for the environment was that ? Did his air miles a power of good though. So, Runcorn, come the first of March you'll have ten buses powered by fart gas designed in Britain built in Portugal that the Germans have decided they want nothing to do with. Diggers ? easy.
there are old fitters and bold fitters but no old bold fitters...

Topic author
nick lamb

Post #50 by nick lamb » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:32 am

paul,you'll have to call in for a fight(I mean pint) :D .leave your fart bus in runcorn though.widnes will hide the smell.

Return to “Off Topic”