a few pints

Talk about everything else here.

Topic author
nick lamb

Re: a few pints

Post #21 by nick lamb » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:29 pm

Anyway.....I got back to the yard about 10am and was surprised to find that we'd had a few last minuit customers in and made some money so my stress of the morning soon evapourated.
here is a picture of me on Christmas morning wearing an apron(yes......) and holding my new coalsite book that Susie had bought me for Christmas in one hand and a bottle of San Migul in the other.The kids were in good form and so was Susie.The dinner and all the booze went down a storm with all the family and a really enjoyable time was had by all.
I hope everyone else here had a nice day. :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeremy Rowland

Post #22 by Jeremy Rowland » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:18 pm

Nicky I learned my lesson of leaving things to the last moment many moons ago now :lol: glad you had a decent Christmas day; as for a drink......... hic hic just downed a few pints of the old black Irish tarmac (genius :lol: ) yes very nice too.

Jeremy

Topic author
nick lamb

Post #23 by nick lamb » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:23 pm

I can recomend the book Jeremy as there are quiet a few big Hymacs in it!!

diggerjones
Flag: Great Britain

Post #24 by diggerjones » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:10 pm

that shopping trip sounded like hell. we get everything delivered by tesco, just have to put the stuff away. we had a good time i cooked for 15, think beef or something different next year, turkey is so boring.

Jeremy Rowland

Post #25 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:46 pm

nick lamb wrote:I can recomend the book Jeremy as there are quiet a few big Hymacs in it!!

Thanks Nick; I'll put one on my shopping list :thumbup:

Jeremy

tctractors

Post #26 by tctractors » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:08 pm

Top marks Nicky, you have the Family thing "Going Good" I dont know if I told you that I did not Marry my Wife on her Cookery skills, so it was chewing on a 2" Cabbage stalk for me on the 25th, I get all the big lumps and things that fall on the floor, plus the things that dont look right whacked on my plate, its a big plate mind so there is some bonus of a sort,as for going shopping for owt' in Tesco's it aint gonna' happen, I go to a Village Butchers Shop in the Cotswolds and get loads of Man food for myself and the Son when he calls home about twice a month to be fed, this is Belly Pork, Steak and Kidney Pies, Faggots etc the stuff that the queer one just will not buy me as its not a Veg thing, so I hope by now you are feeling a bit sorry for me, plus the fact my wife can drink a Tramp under the table and still be "just warming up" you might understand that this part of the year can be a bit of torture for me, Oh I forgot to mention the "New C.D." thing, this is all the new disc's that the Bride gets as gifts go into the player at "Full Bore" the windows shake in the kennel with any walking around the lower section of the house turning into Strictly Come Dancing for me, so I just "Envy" the Alpha Male Nicky, good stuff mate.

Topic author
nick lamb

Post #27 by nick lamb » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:42 pm

Hi Tony,as for the 'alpha male' thing,it back fired on me yesterday.I had to meet my accountant yesterday morning for the usual Christmas talking to.'I'll be back by 12pm pet so have the kids ready and I'll take us all out for some fresh air'.
I returned about 1.30 as I had to sort the usuall 'so what's this invoice for?,where's that cheque stub gone?,why isn't that invoice marked paid?,who's this Tony Coates fella? and what the hell are all these phone calls to someone called D7 Clive in August for?,blah,blah,blah..
By the time I returned the girl was most unhappy to say the least.It didn't help when I refused to apologise on the grounds most of the errors in the accountancy were hers and that I would have been home sooner.
Anyway we climbed(in silence) into the car and drove into the local town.The traffic jams didn't help either.Due to the fact the silent treatment was still being enforced I arranged to go to the local tavern with a couple of the boys.This meet with even more silence so decided not to ring D7 Clive to have a protracted natter on D9's,99's and 69's.
Fortunately for me and the kids she thawed out well once we found a nice little Italian gaff and she had a large pinot white in her hand which she soon gulped down(Tony,I understand your problems with your good lady....).After we left it was about 6pm when I strolled into my local minus the family where upon a good few pints of Fosters got swallowed and the crack was good.12.30am soon comes around when you're having fun doesn't it?.I stumbled out the pub and walked home to raid the toaster.What is it about beer and toast?

Topic author
nick lamb

Post #28 by nick lamb » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:45 pm

diggerjones wrote:that shopping trip sounded like hell. we get everything delivered by tesco, just have to put the stuff away. we had a good time i cooked for 15, think beef or something different next year, turkey is so boring.

Hi Dylan,we had beef last year and this year.I just cooked a turkey crown just in case anyone fancied it but I can tell you they all demolished the beef so we used the turkey for sandwiches.

bigkit

Post #29 by bigkit » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:46 pm

Love the autobiography Nicky :lol: :lol: :lol: (and me and TC get a mention!) :thumbup:

I bet your daily diary is a long fat one :bow: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bigkit

Post #30 by bigkit » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:33 pm

I'm becoming increasingly worried you guys are putting me to shame with your cullinary tales. I'm no chauvinest but I'm happy to let my wife make a better job of it than me! :roll: :lol:

Return to “Off Topic”