Mustang 120

Discuss earthmoving models here

Topic author
Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Mustang 120

Post #1 by Martyn Henley » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:53 pm

Just though i would show you what has been keeping me quiet for the last few weeks ..
Made to scale of 1/35th the Priestman mustang mk3

P1060168.JPG

Allready nearly finished my next project .. but more on that soon
P1060162.JPG

Martyn :wave:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

martyn williams

Re: Mustang 120

Post #2 by martyn williams » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:53 pm

Looks good :claphands:
Martyn

BulldozerD11

Post #3 by BulldozerD11 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:49 pm

V interesting Martyn. There was a restored one at Barleylands (Essex Country show) last weekend, with a long reach extension on the dipper.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

Jeremy Rowland

Post #4 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:05 pm

Looks great Martyn :claphands: another fine model from Kent Vintage :thumbup:

Jeremy

Topic author
Martyn Henley

Post #5 by Martyn Henley » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:19 pm

Thank you gentlemen

Thats a good photo Dave ... whilst doing the masters i was confused about the linkage up on the dipper ram.. does any one know what it is for ?? i think it had something to do with transporting the machine ...

Martyn :wave:

BulldozerD11

Post #6 by BulldozerD11 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:44 pm

Hi martyn I have a close up here of the top linkage but no info (dident think to ask, and had not noticed it till some one stood by the machine mentioned it, so i took a quick snap shot). I think it was discussed on here in an old thread IIRC.

Would think its to do with getting the right geometry without over stressing the ram or to use an existing ram but get a better travel range.

Unfortunately the machine was not working as it had a track drive problem so was left on the trailer, rather than risk it getting stuck on the floor. :(

And for Martyn (B100) I'll put a few Roller photos up from the Road building demo area at Barleylands & Fred Knights event later.
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

essexpete

Post #7 by essexpete » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:02 pm

I wonder who owned the machine. John Salmon was a drainage contractor taken over (iirr) by Pearl Land Drainage (Pearl on the low loader) sometime in the early 80s?
Some reach on there, better than the last Priestman I saw off the beach at Leigh-on-sea ready for the breakers.

BulldozerD11

Post #8 by BulldozerD11 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:31 pm

essexpete wrote:I wonder who owned the machine. John Salmon was a drainage contractor taken over (iirr) by Pearl Land Drainage (Pearl on the low loader) sometime in the early 80s?
Some reach on there, better than the last Priestman I saw off the beach at Leigh-on-sea ready for the breakers.

Hi pete, that aggres with what i was told, that Pearl took over John Salmon.

Owned by one of their drivers apparently. The Priestmans not actually an ex John Salmon machine, but the same as one that was in the fleet originally, as could not find an original.

There was also tractor unit in John Salmon livery but trailer was not finished so they used one of Pearls Tractor units & trailer to move the Priestman. (Forgot to take photo of the Scammell at Barleylands, but here it is from week before). The S26 is a former Salmon fleet machine apparently.

I thought the lads with the machine said they both belong to same owner, but show guide lists 2 names :?:
P. Mixture - Scammell S26
J. Webb - Priestman Mustang

If thats any use to you Pete ?

Topic author
Martyn Henley

Post #9 by Martyn Henley » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:46 pm

And the white cab version

argie
Flag: Wales

Post #10 by argie » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:15 pm

Great work Martyn :claphands:
Paul

Return to “Earthmoving models”