Smashing model Martyn !!

A 220 next eh ? My favourite

Nick

Topic author
Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Mustang 120

Post #12 by Martyn Henley » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:22 pm

I entirely agree with you Nick, the 220 looks better, have to say the 120 was a ugly machine .. trouble is that i was pushing the limits on my moulds as it was :dizzy:

Cheers Paul :thumbup:

Martyn :wave:

modelmaker

Post #13 by modelmaker » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:11 am

Hello Martyn
great job on the old girl
Can I ask what you mould these out of? would they be white metal or resin, or are they a mix of both?

and what would your next machine be?

Thanks
Tony
Aussie trucks and Scratchbuilding machinery http://loadedheavy.proboards.com/index.cgi? Australian truck model forum

Topic author
Martyn Henley

Post #14 by Martyn Henley » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:58 am

Thank you Tony ..

I use metal alloy for more or less everything, resin i use for the small items ... resin is good and cheap but does not look like metal when painted .. and my next model will be a well known backhoe/loader from the early eighties, but more about that early next week.

Martyn

DaveS

Post #15 by DaveS » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:26 pm

Excellent work there Martyn!

I hope you got the Priestman 'special' feature included - the rod eyes unscrewing on the rams while working! :D

Dave S.

Topic author
Martyn Henley

Post #16 by Martyn Henley » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:30 pm

the rod eyes unscrewing on the rams while working!

Thank you David, blimey i had no idea they did that :dizzy: .. in all my time on machines, i never sat in the seat of one, i think only Ovendens had Mustangs down this way , and they only had two at that time.. this is the first model i have done that i have not operated.

Martyn

v64paul

Post #17 by v64paul » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:01 pm

Nice work Martin, i only experienced the 168 mustang which seemed to me to be underrated. As for your next project, i think it's back to Rocester as you've mentioned licensing problems with the other manufacturer before...
there are old fitters and bold fitters but no old bold fitters...

Lensey

Post #18 by Lensey » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:33 pm

BulldozerD11 wrote:
essexpete wrote:I wonder who owned the machine. John Salmon was a drainage contractor taken over (iirr) by Pearl Land Drainage (Pearl on the low loader) sometime in the early 80s?
Some reach on there, better than the last Priestman I saw off the beach at Leigh-on-sea ready for the breakers.

Hi pete, that aggres with what i was told, that Pearl took over John Salmon.

Owned by one of their drivers apparently. The Priestmans not actually an ex John Salmon machine, but the same as one that was in the fleet originally, as could not find an original.

There was also tractor unit in John Salmon livery but trailer was not finished so they used one of Pearls Tractor units & trailer to move the Priestman. (Forgot to take photo of the Scammell at Barleylands, but here it is from week before). The S26 is a former Salmon fleet machine apparently.

I thought the lads with the machine said they both belong to same owner, but show guide lists 2 names :?:
P. Mixture - Scammell S26
J. Webb - Priestman Mustang

If that's any use to you Pete ?

The lorry was owned by Pete Mixture, he used to work for Salmons and this was the truck he was given brand new before Salmons got taken over and he was made redundant. He found it rotting in a field some time back and restored it to what it is now.

I don't know much about the Priestman but I do know Jack Webb who owned it, he worked for Salmons and then Pearl when they were taken over. All those years ago Pete used to deliver the diggers and excavation plant and Jack used to use them, kinda nice that all these years later they can show what they used to do :)

Return to “Earthmoving models”