Winget

Discuss dumpers here

Topic author
XS650
Flag: Great Britain

Winget

Post #1 by XS650 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:32 pm

Spotted this Winget ADT 10 today , never seen one before, brief internet search looks like Winget Ltd are still in business making dumpers in Bolton.
P1000402.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Not all those who wander are lost.

Julian

Re: Winget

Post #2 by Julian » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:25 pm

XS650 wrote:Spotted this Winget ADT 10 today , never seen one before, brief internet search looks like Winget Ltd are still in business making dumpers in Bolton.
]

That's a fair dumper, a bit bigger than my Thwaites Orion :)

On a serious note would anyone know what the max carrying capacity of that low-loader is?

Julian.

IBH

Post #3 by IBH » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:02 pm

Winget are indeed still in business and offered a 10 tonne ADT (as above) as recently a couple of years ago I think. Winget are currently owned by the Seddon Group a privately owned construction, property and manufacturing group.
In recent years Winget seem to have significantly reduced their product range, they currently only offer the 2B and 4B site dumper ranges which are very old fashioned and not what i'd expect to see on UK construction sites in this day and age. As well as the ADT seen above (which I've always thought had a cab reminiscent of a Whitlock Dinkum :dizzy: ) they also offered site dumpers such as those below, which they've stopped making. Though they have started suppling pedestrian tracked dumpers.
www.winget.co.uk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tim

Post #4 by tim » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:04 pm

Julian wrote:
XS650 wrote:Spotted this Winget ADT 10 today , never seen one before, brief internet search looks like Winget Ltd are still in business making dumpers in Bolton.
]

That's a fair dumper, a bit bigger than my Thwaites Orion :)

On a serious note would anyone know what the max carrying capacity of that low-loader is?

Julian.

HI Julian I would think the low loader would carry around 7 or 8 tons it looks like a 13 tons gross weight model(definitely not a 17 or 18 tons gross or it would have 10 stud wheels)and i would estimate the unladen weight at 5 to 6 ton leaving 7 to 8 tons payload,but this is only my opinion. :thumbs_up: Tim

Julian

Post #5 by Julian » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:35 pm

HI Julian I would think the low loader would carry around 7 or 8 tons it looks like a 13 tons gross weight model(definitely not a 17 or 18 tons gross or it would have 10 stud wheels)and i would estimate the unladen weight at 5 to 6 ton leaving 7 to 8 tons payload,but this is only my opinion. :thumbs_up: Tim

Thanks Tim, I was just wondering how much (approximately) you can legally carry in the UK with a twin axle low loader wagon? I have a steam roller that weighs about 13 tons - would I need a triple axle low loader for that?

At the moment I'm also contemplating having a low loader trailer custom manufactured to tow behind a Fastrack or similar - it avoids the annual VOSA test....

Cheers Julian.

Topic author
XS650

Post #6 by XS650 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:12 pm

Max gross on 4 wheeler rigid (two axles) is 18te so think you would get around 10te. load capacity.

Julian

Post #7 by Julian » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:20 pm

XS650 wrote:Max gross on 4 wheeler rigid (two axles) is 18te so think you would get around 10te. load capacity.

Cheers.

I'm not well up on wagon terminology, so I'm guessing that a 6 wheeler (three axles) is what I would theoretically need to carry something weighing in at around 13tons.

Julian.

Topic author
XS650

Post #8 by XS650 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Yes 6 wheeler max gross 26te ,say 17te load capacity.

Toomanytoys

Post #9 by Toomanytoys » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:11 pm

But geting a steam roller on it will be interesting... lot of weight up relativly high would make for some interesting cornering... more common for something like that to go on a smaller low load trailer and tractor unit.. usually a detachable swan neck or axle... then the steamer is only 18-24" off the ground..

Julian

Post #10 by Julian » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:27 pm

Toomanytoys wrote:But geting a steam roller on it will be interesting... lot of weight up relativly high would make for some interesting cornering... more common for something like that to go on a smaller low load trailer and tractor unit.. usually a detachable swan neck or axle... then the steamer is only 18-24" off the ground..

Yes I know, it's not ideal in that respect. There's an old Taskers knock out axle low loader trailer near me that's up for grabs at about £1500, the trouble is I live down a narrow lane and have a tight entrance - the rear end cuts the corners very badly and I don't think I'll get it in, not without a lot of argy bargy :(

I had an idea today as I was following a lorry with super single axles. I wondered if I could have a trailer built (for towing behind a tractor) sitting on a pair of super single axles, with the trailer bed between the wheels? That would be nice and low and easy to get on and off - I have to research how much space there would be between the wheels to build a flat bed platform...

(A detachable axle agricultural trailer would not work because too much weight would sit on the trailer towing eye.)

Regards Julian.

Return to “Dumpers”