Its hard work this railway work

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
gazza

Its hard work this railway work

Post #1 by gazza » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:48 pm

My mate all he did is sleep all day, I done all the work again!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

martyn williams

Re: Its hard work this railway work

Post #2 by martyn williams » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:01 pm

Hello Gareth
They won't be getting a lot of rest down our way now with the electrification of the Swansea Paddington main line. What made me laugh was the news reporter said they would have to demolish bridges and tunnels. :lol: . What don't add up is,they are spending billions of pounds to shave just 20 minutes off the service :dizzy: .There will be a lot of work for contractors and mast makers with that contract so some good will come out of it. :thumbs_up: .There will also be a lot of dead gypos when they try to pinch the copper cable with 25,000 volts going through it.
Martyn

Nick Drew

Post #3 by Nick Drew » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:24 pm

That's another reason I got out of the railway work Gazza!!

It always seemed that I was doing all the work while others seemed to be professional shirkers who knew every trick in the book to get out of doing anything !! :x

I did enjoy the money though I must say :thumbs_up:

Nick :D

martyn williams

Post #4 by martyn williams » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:58 pm

Its not only on pway work Nick.Our small gang,we work alone all the time,have done everything and more.We get most of the breakdowns sorted within the hour.We drive locos,shunt,carry out rapid pesponse work including attending fatalities.Our managers get a bonus,play a lot of golf, and generally cock things up.Our reward, was a few weeks back they wanted us to apply for our own jobs.Only our booking on point changed.
So I know how you feel,the harder you work the more you get crapped on. :twisted: Luck I was co opted on the meeting and sorted it out.
Martyn

Renaultman

Post #5 by Renaultman » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:24 pm

Going a bit off topic, how are they going to put cables in the Seven tunnel.

martyn williams

Post #6 by martyn williams » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:35 pm

They may have to lower the track to do this.Saw what they said on the Wales news.Shows the government and the media have not a clue to how big this job is.They said that the water will drip on the 25000 volt cables.The severn tunnel is not too bad,Patchway tunnel is bad on the London bound line.Went through there the other week on a frieght train.It was gushing water through the brickwork.
I think its a waste of money.They have just re engined and refurbished the HST 's.It will take 40 years to get the cost back !!!
They should spend the money on new stations and improving all lines.They also said it will be phased in.How do you do that ? you will have to use diesel traction on the bits that has not been done :lol: Also the cost of rolling stock electric locos.
It costs £145 return Cardiff to Paddington at the moment :dizzy:
Martyn

ian white

Post #7 by ian white » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:27 pm

B100 LOADER wrote:Hello Gareth
They won't be getting a lot of rest down our way now with the electrification of the Swansea Paddington main line. What made me laugh was the news reporter said they would have to demolish bridges and tunnels. :lol: . What don't add up is,they are spending billions of pounds to shave just 20 minutes off the service :dizzy: .There will be a lot of work for contractors and mast makers with that contract so some good will come out of it. :thumbs_up: .There will also be a lot of dead gypos when they try to pinch the copper cable with 25,000 volts going through it.
Martyn

bring back loco hauled would be nice to see 37 s and 47s on the line again

martyn williams

Post #8 by martyn williams » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:07 pm

So would I.Two class 37's are being painted in D B Schenker livery for specials.I loved working on the 47's with the twin bank Sulzer engine.Spent 35 years off and on on 37's and 47's worked on and driven them:thumbs_up:
Martyn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcDzG23-k20

ian white

Post #9 by ian white » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:42 pm

B100 LOADER wrote:So would I.Two class 37's are being painted in D B Schenker livery for specials.I loved working on the 47's with the twin bank Sulzer engine.Spent 35 years off and on on 37's and 47's worked on and driven them:thumbs_up:
Martyn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcDzG23-k20

saw a 47 in cardiff central advenza i think very dissappointed no loco hauled to royal welsh

Return to “Excavators”