Discuss dozers here

Gavin84w

Re: 2x NEW CAT D9T for uk coal

Post #11 by Gavin84w » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:21 pm

Cat-Peter wrote:Hello Stuart,
How come that UK Coal dont have any top roller on their tractors, is it just the cost?
Wouldnt it save some wear on the chains?

Cheers, Peter

The EAME market deemed the large T series tractors to noisy with the carrier roller so std spec for that region was no carrier roller, it was worth 1-2 decibals apparently. Does not mean local fitouts have not been done.

Gavin84w

Post #12 by Gavin84w » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:42 pm

Cat-Peter wrote:
SRB wrote:"It cracks me up to see the overheight spill guards that are dealer manufactured and look like dog$hit compared to the factory jobby, it,s bad enough that the salesman did not order the machine with it let alone the interpretation from the workorder to the final product not even resembling original spec. You can blatently see the difference in a couple of the pics in this series and i have seen where i work them do exactly the same, maybe attention to detail and care factor is higher for me than some but gee the problem with that would be??"

Its cheaper to manufacture spill guard than pay Cat price, same use to go for the blade skin. Also, when ordering machines you get them quicker if you are ordering std spec machines, (blade skin and trash rack are not std equipment, at least not for the EAME market) with demand so high for D9T's in the UK dealership was talking whatever it could get its hands on regardless of spec.

my $0.02 worth.

Hello Stuart,
How come that UK Coal dont have any top roller on their tractors, is it just the cost?

Cheers, Peter

Cat-Peter

Post #13 by Cat-Peter » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:19 pm

Gavin84w wrote:
Cat-Peter wrote:
SRB wrote:"It cracks me up to see the overheight spill guards that are dealer manufactured and look like dog$hit compared to the factory jobby, it,s bad enough that the salesman did not order the machine with it let alone the interpretation from the workorder to the final product not even resembling original spec. You can blatently see the difference in a couple of the pics in this series and i have seen where i work them do exactly the same, maybe attention to detail and care factor is higher for me than some but gee the problem with that would be??"

Its cheaper to manufacture spill guard than pay Cat price, same use to go for the blade skin. Also, when ordering machines you get them quicker if you are ordering std spec machines, (blade skin and trash rack are not std equipment, at least not for the EAME market) with demand so high for D9T's in the UK dealership was talking whatever it could get its hands on regardless of spec.

my $0.02 worth.

Hello Stuart,

Cheers, Peter

The EAME market deemed the large T series tractors to noisy with the carrier roller so std spec for that region was no carrier roller, it was worth 1-2 decibals apparently. Does not mean local fitouts have not been done.

Aha, ok thank's Gavin

Return to “Dozers”