jcb 8080 excavator

Discuss compact excavators here

JimInOz
Flag: Australia

Re: jcb 8080 excavator

Post #61 by JimInOz » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:04 pm

Hi Ian,
That's just rubbish service.You have rights as a consumer & should MAKE these "Parts replacers" accountable through a small claims tribunal or the Fair Trading commission.

I just paid an airconditioning repair Co $750 bucks to stuff me around for 2 weeks & leave me with the same mess I had when I rang them.They will be held to account for charging professional costs & giving crap service.
Too many parts replacers,not enough skill & care.
Earthmoving distributors are infamous for this crap...they rely on your desperation to keep going,hoping you'll keep throwing money at them.Then they tell you to buy Genuine parts...like the genuine parts you just bought...so they can fail on time,every time.

Talk to that guy at Prostart automotive in Ayr...he seems switched on.
Another interesting Co is MAD electrical in the USA.

Jim

Robban_C

Post #62 by Robban_C » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:57 am

I don´t know about Australia but we have consumer rights here in Sweden as well but they don´t apply on something that has been bought by a company. A company isn´t a consumer (in Sweden).
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

Topic author
IANOZ

Post #63 by IANOZ » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:12 pm

hi guys, well i got it back again late this afternoon. they didnt do any thing to it as it isnt playing up at the moment and they have no idea where to look. but it took them two days of doing nothing to come to conclosion that they dont know :dizzy: i have been instructed to use it and when it plays up i am to ring them and they will come and have a look all it means is that i have lost two days work and stuffed around more customers but atleast they didnt charge me to be stuffed around this time .ian.

Topic author
IANOZ

Post #64 by IANOZ » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:49 pm

well it didnt have the alternator fault going off today but still boiling battery .the auto eletrictrision came out and tested everything and reckned the battery was crook. AS no one had filled him in on the history of the problems[ i told the idiot dealer but he didnt pass it on] he changed some pushon fittings so hopefully has it sorted out .I changed the battery today and it seems to have gone alright [fingers crossed ,knock on wood and any thing else] its broken the bolt on the air con commpressor that i will have to fix yet again. i will have to see if the takecuhi salesman is dumb enough to trade it in.iian.

innes
Flag: Great Britain

Post #65 by innes » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:56 pm

IANOZ wrote:well it didnt have the alternator fault going off today but still boiling battery .the auto eletrictrision came out and tested everything and reckned the battery was crook. AS no one had filled him in on the history of the problems[ i told the idiot dealer but he didnt pass it on] he changed some pushon fittings so hopefully has it sorted out .I changed the battery today and it seems to have gone alright [fingers crossed ,knock on wood and any thing else] its broken the bolt on the air con commpressor that i will have to fix yet again. i will have to see if the takecuhi salesman is dumb enough to trade it in.iian.
Hi Ian,
Cant believe the (idiot) dealer didn't check the battery when it was in the shop,especially given the nature of the faults you have had. they seem to miss all the basic obvious things.
Best of luck and think the trade in might be the long term solution, the machine itself might not be that bad but if you cant get it diagnosed and fixed properly by the dealer then its only going to cost you and your customrs grief.
Cheers--Innes

Topic author
IANOZ

Post #66 by IANOZ » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:37 am

HI INNES , Thanks for your reply.When i started all of this I went through all the history with them to help with the diognoses.The workshop foreman did not tell the auto lecy this so he did not know previos history.When he then came out to follow up on the problem,which is in his own time giving warranty on what he had done,he finnaly gets the full story from me and things start to make sense to him instead of being a unexplained mystery. I try and do the same as i would when i go to the doctors ,tell the simtoms.Its a bit hard for a doctor to work out whats wrong with you if you dont tell them anything. As I said fingers crossed all is now sorted.ian.

Topic author
IANOZ

Post #67 by IANOZ » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:45 pm

Apart from the fact that we have a cyclone comming down the coast frightening costomers into not wanting jobs done . the jobs i have done ,it has not played up. ian.

innes
Flag: Great Britain

Post #68 by innes » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:21 pm

IANOZ wrote:Apart from the fact that we have a cyclone comming down the coast frightening costomers into not wanting jobs done . the jobs i have done ,it has not played up. ian.

Thats good news Ian,fingers crossed maybe the've cracked it a last, best of luck, hopefully it win run for years now!!
All the best Innes

Nick Drew

Post #69 by Nick Drew » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:26 pm

IANOZ wrote:Apart from the fact that we have a cyclone comming down the coast frightening costomers into not wanting jobs done . the jobs i have done ,it has not played up. ian.

Ian,

Are you ever going to post some photos of your machine here at CMN :?: :?:

I don't recall ever seeing any :?

Nick :thumbs_up:

Topic author
IANOZ

Post #70 by IANOZ » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:18 am

HI nick, I have not worryed about posting photos of the machine as i thought it would be like sending coal to newcastle ,you know it is made over there. Besides its not pretty to look at.Its been a hard machine to love with not the best quality paint finish ,stickers that peel off and scratchs in it that a zero swing machine just shouldn't have . and oil leaks that are difficult to track down. but i will try and get a shot of its best side ,if i can find one. INNES thanks for the kind words and support through 2 months of hell ,that has been waiting for this machine to be sorted out. IAN.

Return to “Compact Excavators”