jcb 8080 excavator

Discuss compact excavators here

Topic author
IANOZ

Re: jcb 8080 excavator

Post #31 by IANOZ » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:27 am

HI JIM, yes i saw the chalenger& there is a field marshall tractor. put photos up on the fowler post. Ebay is starting to come alive with gear did you see the td9 drott? At $19000 starting price i think he will be waiting awhile for a bid. WE went out to an old guys place to look at gear he had for tender. HE had 5 pages of stuff and every thing in a shed. People were making stupid low offers ,just insulting really. THE prices he had in his mind were way to high but every tractor had good tyres ervery one had a battery in it and went first go. WE looked at a td18 that he said worked it for over ten years then put in the shed and rebuilt every thing that needed rebuilding and it has sat in the shed for over ten years but i would say he goes round on a very regularly and starts every thing .Only trouble was one steeringclutch wasnt working from sitting. HE wouldnt give us a price on it and we didnt want to insult him with what we could afford. I would say he would have about $25000 in mind . Found out he wanted $45000 for a hough 65,good loader but there is a couple for sale at $18000 THE railway is resuming his property and I would say hes up for a lot of money to move all that gear. Sh*t I would not like to have to move what we have got!!! ian.

JimInOz
Flag: Australia

Post #32 by JimInOz » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:10 am

HI Ian,
Yeah,there's a lotta stuff going for sale at present.I saw the 9-92...even if it's in good nick,too much $$ . A mate of mine in Canberra has a Case W14 (&spare unit),plus TD9 for sale at good prices.
I don't look on eBay much,as I never have the required $$ to spend.My eBay & Oztion name is "dozerparts"....just gonna start advertising spares again.
Hope that JCB part arrives soon.

Jim :thumbs_up:

PS: Leave your number & I'll ring you. PM me.

Topic author
IANOZ

Post #33 by IANOZ » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:46 pm

Hi jim, apart from no play money ,out of interest what has your mate got on the case w14 and the td9? YOU have obviously learned how to send PM ,i have not worked that one out yet . IS the phone no you sent me only the work one? Still raining up here, we have had about 8 inchs this week but supposed to be fine sunday,so hopefully will pick up fowler then. I hope to get a david brown td50 crawler, a inter td9, and a cat d69u one day as these were the machines my dad owned . i will double check but i think the case420c has 1 inch pins ,2 inch bushs,& 6.5 inch link between pin centres . sound like any thing you have heard of? My son says the JCB 8080 tracks are the same as the case but i have not looked myself. WE are getting infomation comming backfrom case forum saying 420c has 188 case motor .Would the motor info you came up with be a petrol?? IF I get lucky i will pm you phone no but if i dont ,please send me yours ,ian.

JimInOz
Flag: Australia

Post #34 by JimInOz » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:40 am

HI Ian,
THe 4 part "Crawler Tractor Scrapbook" series has info about all your crawlers.There are 4 great books with pictures.Written by Richard H Robinson in New Zealand.

CASE 420 1957-70.Hase Case G148 petrol & late ones had a G188.(28 Drawbar HP)

I can give you my friend's number for the TD9 & W14.He's a good bloke & prices are fair.The TD9 is OK to look at....never been on it.
Located Canberra area.

To PM me,just click on the PM button,below any of my postings.
That number is both home & business.I was on the net when you called.(dial up).

Jim

Topic author
IANOZ

Post #35 by IANOZ » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:56 am

HI JIM, WE went straight to broad band , a mate has dialup,its so slow isnt it. A mate set ours up on $60 plan. i have spent an awfull lot of time on line & get nowhere near the the limit. but would go over with the $30 plan , I always look at ebay ,you never know whats going to pop up. The 29 hp for the case motor sounds low unless they derated it .the 188 is the same motor fitted to 580b backhoe , that you would say would have to be 60 hp atleast We dont have a lot of reference books,mostly been interested in cats. lot of info and photos in '' endless tracks in the woods'' About american logging ,got it from plough book sales we will have to keep an eye out for the scrapbook series . catch you later. ian.

Topic author
IANOZ

Post #36 by IANOZ » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:08 am

HI GUYS. GOOD NEWS finally .The computer is in brisbane and is supposed to be on it's way up here tonight. I migit be able to finally go and make some money to keep the wolfs away from the door. ian.

d4c24a

Post #37 by d4c24a » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:35 am

IANOZ wrote:HI GUYS. GOOD NEWS finally .The computer is in brisbane and is supposed to be on it's way up here tonight. I migit be able to finally go and make some money to keep the wolfs away from the door. ian.

i hope your luck now turns with this machine :thumbs_up:
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

Robban_C

Post #38 by Robban_C » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:31 am

That was really good news Ian!
I hope they can change the computer immediately and that the bad days are all gone.
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

Topic author
IANOZ

Post #39 by IANOZ » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:45 am

Robert and graham mates, i live in hope. My luck the truck will run off a bridge and all the freight will be lost. The sun has come out And the world is starting to look a better place. ian.

innes
Flag: Great Britain

Post #40 by innes » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:33 pm

IANOZ wrote:HI GUYS. GOOD NEWS finally .The computer is in brisbane and is supposed to be on it's way up here tonight. I migit be able to finally go and make some money to keep the wolfs away from the door. ian.

Hi Ian,
Keep your fingers crossed, let us know how it pans out
Innes

Return to “Compact Excavators”