Problem with the gearbox, JCB 3C II

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
LarsI

Problem with the gearbox, JCB 3C II

Post #1 by LarsI » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:07 pm

Hi everybody
I 'm from Sweden and new at the forum. My school english is not up to date but i hope you will understand me anyway.
I considering to by an JCB 3C Mk II. The tractor has two known problems, it won't start and the gearbox is damaged.
The starting problem is probably not a big deal, the current owner have not used the tractor since 2010. When he parked it the engine worked fine, my guess is that is something with the fuel supply. Mayby dirt in a fuel hose or in a filter.

The problem with the gearbox is another story. Not a single gear is working (the current owner pushed it with a digging machine).
Probably i have to replace the gearbox or renovate it.
Is it a big job job to replace it? Or is it a better solution to renovate the gearbox?
Are there some known "standard problems" with the gearbox in these models?

I would be thankful for any advice.... :D

WP_000223.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

philwheelton
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Problem with the gearbox, JCB 3C II

Post #2 by philwheelton » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:50 pm

The 3 at the end of the serial no means it has a torque converter if this is the trouble with the gearbox it can be a costly and big job to fix you need to have it running to see where the problem is!...

Topic author
LarsI

Post #3 by LarsI » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:10 am

Thanks for the answer Phil.
I have a price from a supplier in UK for a used gearbox (£600). Shipping to Sweden about £150. But i dont know the price for a converter.

holzrainer
Flag: Germany

Post #4 by holzrainer » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:15 pm

Hello,

why do You think it is the converter or the gearbox? It also can be broken Diff or a broken axle.

Rainer

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”