Tom Atherton

Talk about everything else here.

Topic author
v64paul

Tom Atherton

Post #1 by v64paul » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:45 pm

Can i extend my thanks to Tom for a splendid show last Saturday at his home. Old machinery, no frills and men whoknew how to get the best out of it. I think i will finally accept i'm growing old when i see 360 excavators there but for now i'm quite happy with the turnout as it was.
Special thanks also to Nick Lamb for his company and hospitality at the Hatton arms afterwards for the annual catch up post show.
there are old fitters and bold fitters but no old bold fitters...

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Tom Atherton

Post #2 by tctractors » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:47 pm

The Hatton Arms Pub is now my other House, I have managed to stay in all its guest rooms and drank a steady flow of its "Dark Mild" sadly I missed the TA day and the tracks over the Bar night, but as Pubs go the Hatton Arms can tick a box or 2, glad to hear you had a blinding night.
tctractors

Stormin
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by Stormin » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:20 am

A second vote of thanks too to Tom. A great event where you can get up close to the working machines and talk to the drivers.
Weather was just on the hot side for watching probably getting towards unbearable for those sat behind a large hard working engine
Not too much dust from the ground fortunately, but still enough for an excuse to wash it down with a pint of Hatton Gold afterwards.

Topic author
v64paul

Post #4 by v64paul » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:39 pm

We could start a whole new topic on the best beer for discussing the job , neither dark mild or Hatton gold for me , Theakstons is my choice . Whatever it is it's kept very well I must say . Tony , many things are said in your absence all positive. Mr Lamb is a gentleman of the highest order, as for yourself maybe we'll catch up one day. Trucks are all very well but I still miss the plant game ! Stormin, glad you too had a good afternoon !

nick lamb

Post #5 by nick lamb » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:56 pm

Tenner's in the post Paul. :D ;)

Topic author
v64paul

Post #6 by v64paul » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:22 pm

Protection money. You know i like going in to Warry to watch a good fight, i mean rugby match...

Return to “Off Topic”