You don't half get them on eBay

Talk about everything else here.

Topic author
grant
Flag: Great Britain

You don't half get them on eBay

Post #1 by grant » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:42 am

I recently won 2 britax beacons on eBay they were listed separate so I sent the seller a message to serif he would combine the postage he said if I won both he would post them for £7.50 so I stuck a £5 bid on each as they were listed as faulty one needed a plug and the other had a broken lense anyway I won them both so I payed the £17.50 then I receive a message from the guy saying he has refunded the money as he has major problems with eBay account and PayPal and also the post office have put there prices up and he would be giving them away so I messaged him back as I wasn't happy and got a reply moaning about other items he sold and the charges eBay and PayPal took from him etc so I looked at my PayPal it says the money is refunded but it doesn't show on my PayPal balance I'm assuming it's gone straight into my bank account

Julian

Re: You don't half get them on eBay

Post #2 by Julian » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:28 am

grant wrote: I'm assuming it's gone straight into my bank account

Why don't you check? ;)

Julian.

Stormin

Post #3 by Stormin » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:05 pm

I dont think paypal refunds go straight into the bank unless you've got something set on your paypal.
If so you'll find you've been charged for the privilige, probably about 5% for two items you haven't got.

Topic author
grant

Post #4 by grant » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:03 pm

Yes I will need to check today I assumed it would be returned to my PayPal account the guy has said to eBay that I want to return the items as the reason for cancelling hope it doesn't look bad on my part as I have 100% positive feedback I will need to look into this as I don't want to be charged for items I still want but haven't got

Ian Fletcher1970

Post #5 by Ian Fletcher1970 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:00 pm

Paypal refunds normally go back to your paypal account. On a different note I had a spoof paypal invoice from Facebook USA last year asking me to complete my purchase, even though I had'nt made a purchase. It even had the correct paypal logo - I forwarded it to their fraud department and it was a fake - how many people fell for it though????

martyn williams

Post #6 by martyn williams » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:45 pm

I have had the same thing saying I need to update my card details,so beware guys !
Martyn

Return to “Off Topic”