23%
Hell No!!!!!
18%

Total votes: 22

Topic author
Jason_Hannaford

CASE CX130B

Post #1 by Jason_Hannaford » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:02 pm

Well I stopped in our local Case dealers today to pick up some parts when i spotted the new CX130B sitting in the yard.
DSC00105.JPG

I have to say it does look a vast improvement to the CX130. I noticed they have put 2 top Idler wheels on the undercarraige instead of the one, good thing to do as the older model used to have its top idler wheel offset which ment the tracks would rub on the undercarraige body.
DSC00106.JPG

I tried to get some shots off the cab layout but it was locked so I got these 2, not great but they do show Short levers, better visibility (no middle piller on boom side) better function controls. and I know the photo's dont show it but they have a lot more storage room behind the seat. :thumbs_up:
DSC00107.JPG

DSC00108.JPG

It certainly looks the buisness any way. I would like to hear what other people think about it. if I get chance I'm gonna try and work my charms on the guys in the dealership to see if I can have a tiny play just to see how she feels. I know the photo's dont show it but the rear counterweight looks vagely similar to one from a CAT.
DSC00109.JPG

Let me know what you think..... :thumbs_up:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Jason_Hannaford on Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IBH

Re: CASE CX130B

Post #2 by IBH » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:52 am

From what i've seen, read and heard the current CX B series are very good machines that are vast improvements on the CX models they replace but still think they look like a Komatsu upper body with a pseudo-Kobelco cab.

But that silly observation aside I can see no reason why Case excavators shouldn't be widely considered by users rather than the opinion that somehow only Cat, Hitachi, Komatsu or Volvo will do.

What i'd really like to see is one of the trade mags do a test to compare the current Case and JCB excavator lines as it would be very interesting to see how the two manufactures have developed their machines from the same initial technology before going their seperate ways with product development and how two comaprable models e.g the CX210B and the JS210 Auto rate with comfort, power, productivity, fuel efficiency etc.

Topic author
Jason_Hannaford

Post #3 by Jason_Hannaford » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:07 pm

Perhaps i shouldn't have put a poll on this post, was hopin for more feedback than i got oh well.. :?

Neversweat
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by Neversweat » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:41 pm

100_1169.JPG

Steve :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Excavators”