Allen of Oxford Trailed Grader / Land Leveller

Are you searching for equipment?
Forum rules
Please use so called TAGS in the subject of the post when posting in here.
[For sale]
[Wanted]
[Exchange]
[Swap]

Topic author
rustexpert
Flag: Wales

Allen of Oxford Trailed Grader / Land Leveller

Post #1 by rustexpert » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:26 pm

Has any body got a wrecked/rough Allen trailed grader?
I have bought a very tidy and straight example but it has been converted to be drawn by tractor hydraulic linkage so has lost the front axle and drawbar completely. It would be good to purchase parts or a donor machine.
Failing this a good example to look at to copy the missing bits.
Private message me or try 07871466004 leave a message.
Thanks for your interest and reading this far!

BulldozerD11

Re: Allen of Oxford Trailed Grader / Land Leveller

Post #2 by BulldozerD11 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:41 pm

This example of a trailed Grader was on show at the Belvoir Castle Steam rally in 2008.
DSC01216.JPG

I Believe it was an Allen of Oxford built model. It was on the Road Roller Association Stand, so if you contact them they can probably put you in touch with the owner. I think it lives in the Midlands as i have see it at other events since (now in a green livery). The RRA have a web site for contact details.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

Topic author
rustexpert
Flag: Wales

Post #3 by rustexpert » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:39 am

That's the one. Will follow that up. Thanks.
Is there any in the hedge anywhere?
Scan those scrap piles.
I saved mine literally out of the jaws of the cactus grab.
Luckily it's still straight; only the adjusting wheels have bought it. The axle and drawbar have gone.
Can any body say that these were any good to use? I assume only for the lightest of levelling jobs as there is no real weight to bear down on the blade.
Thanks again for the interest.

BulldozerD11

Post #4 by BulldozerD11 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:51 am

Think there was one (trailed Grader) in use at the Caterpillar Clubs event at Keeton ? Cement works a few years ago. But I dont know what happened to my photos from that event never been able to find them when i wanted them.

One of the Former AMOC (CAT club) members may be able to advise on what they actually work like.
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

martyn williams

Post #5 by martyn williams » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:48 pm

I have a few photos from Ketton,will look through them.
Martyn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BulldozerD11

Post #6 by BulldozerD11 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:58 pm

Just spotted another trailed grader when downloading some GDSF photos from the camera.

IMG_7771.JPG

Interesting photos martin, :thumbup:

Ketton is/was one of those event you heard about 6 months before and then next thing was the photos in CP&M 3 months after and I'd missed it again. :(

Return to “Wanted”