International b2275 backhoe loader

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
major v8
Flag: Great Britain

International b2275 backhoe loader

Post #1 by major v8 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:34 pm

looking to sell this now as ive lost my yard anyone got any ideas to its worth thanks lloyd
IH b2275 industrial front loader tractor with wainroy back hoe,very rare now ideal project for shows/rallies as was my intension but now no longer have my workshop/yard, built in the early 60s it has got a registration number plate still so it could be road registered again, starts and runs and moves,ive replaced lots of hydraulic hoses but the bucket crowd ram and one of the main boom lifting rams are slightly bent, its missing its original fuel tank,however the base tractor is the ih 250/275 agricultural model so spares are ready available still,the engine runs well as is red so probably a replacement( bd144) unit 4 cyl diesel, call 0775 2220058for any more info thanks lloyd

hi guys help needed please
On the way to Penvensey Castle East Sussex I spotted this little ih b2275 backhoe loader which had sat in the bushes for 20-25 years, after enquiries I am now the owner. It was originally owned by H Pannett Plant Hire and later used for ditching/drainage duties on pevensey marshes, the front loader is made by Rubery Owen the back hoe is made by
Wainroy, obviously this old tractor needs alot of work but but i now have her running and i am in the process of replacing most of the hydraulic pipework/tank and many other jobs, i am hoping to take it to my local shows/rallies later this year, still in her working clothes condition for now.
Have any of you guys operated/worked one of these loaders, if so what was it like to use as there is not much info available on this type of tractor
thanks lloyd
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by major v8 on Tue May 03, 2016 8:04 pm, edited 8 times in total.

pk1200

Re: International b2275 backhoe loader

Post #2 by pk1200 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:35 pm

Hi lloyd
not sure of the model but i thought you might enjoy this photo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

XS650

Post #3 by XS650 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:08 am

They were very, very popular as Tracairs , loader with compressor on the back instead of backhoe. So assume the hard headed guys at Wimpey , Tarmac, etc thought well of 'em. Constant (ab)use by a blacktop crew must be one of the harshest tests on earth :D
ih tracair.jpg

x Internatinal 2276.JPG
Not all those who wander are lost.

Hugh Jaleak

Post #4 by Hugh Jaleak » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:15 pm

The International 3434 and its successor the 3434B were a must on every surfacing job once. (JCB have filled the niche now with the 2CX airmaster). As Craig said, these things took a hell of a lot of abuse from the surfacing crews and still kept going! :shock:

When loading a chipping spreader whilst laying H.R.A it seemed to be a requirement of operation to hit the stockpile of chippings as fast as possible, bringing the machine to an abrupt stop, (and jolting the driver out the seat....), then spin the wheels like crazy to fill the bucket! :dizzy:

Steelfab

Post #5 by Steelfab » Sat May 08, 2010 12:43 pm

I've just come accross the brochure for the B-2275 Backhoe Loader which has some good colour pictures of the machine and the main specification. On the front of the brochure someone has written £2,000 on it which would probably be about right for the price of the machine back in the early 1960's.

It says it has the International B40-1 loader with a 35hp engine and 190 degree slew arc to the excavator end. If you are interested in a copy of the brochure let me know.

nelcebee

Post #6 by nelcebee » Thu May 20, 2010 8:19 am

Hi major v8, great photos, thanks for posting them. I also have one of these, sans the backhoe. She leaks a bit of oil from various points, but goes like a dream. Mine is an Australian delivered version, and has a substantial concrete block on the back, the bucket is .7 of a cubic yard, and apparently the unit has a clutch and a torque converter and the optional 8 speed box and a forward and reverse lever. Another difference to your photos is that mine has a steel cross brace between the lift arm towers across the back of the bonnet, it looks like it was added later but I was wondering if they came with that or not. It gets used for all sorts of work on the farm, but not much hard digging or lifting any more. I will post some pictures as soon as I figure out how. All the best from Strathalbyn, South Australia!

XS650

Post #7 by XS650 » Thu May 20, 2010 9:21 am

Welcome to the site Chris , there are a couple more pics of Brit International backhoe loaders here -

XS650 @ International
Not all those who wander are lost.

Topic author
major v8

Post #8 by major v8 » Thu May 20, 2010 10:24 pm

Thanks for all pics and info on the b2275, Chris the cross brace on mine has been cut off luckily I found it lying in the brambles. The engine is red so obviously has been replaced at sometime, so they may have cut it off when changing the engine over 8 years ago, which
I am told they never had running. Luckily for me I got her running on my own in about 2 hours, with some surgery to the wiring, clean fuel lines and pump, gravity feeding a 1 gallon can as there is no fuel tank or cover, jump leads from my shogun that the sort of time when you need 4 hands. She fired up and ran surprisingly well, drove her forward to release brakes and load onto a trailer with 1 front and both rear tyres flat and rear end jacks grounding out, the back arm seized part extended and sticking out the right side. It was a bit scary at times when loading her on the trailer. Recently I have remade all the hydraulic pipes and just finished welding the hydraulic tank, replaced rear tyres with part worns....
I will stop boring you all now :wtf:
lloyd

nelcebee

Post #9 by nelcebee » Fri May 21, 2010 2:26 am

here are the piks of my Inter...by the looks of the metalwork near the rear guards it must have had some kind of a cab on it once. Just love the brass builders plate and the brass hydraulic tank cap...they don't do that anymore.

cheers all..

Chris

Jeremy Rowland

Post #10 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri May 21, 2010 8:06 am

Wow I never realized that these were built at Darlaston just down the road from me or I should say they were!! :shock:
I knew the Rubery Owen factory but I always assumed they only produced trailer axles? Guess you learn something new every day.

Jeremy

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”