International 100b series 2 loader Help

Discuss track loaders here

martyn williams

Re: International 100b series 2 loader Help

Post #11 by martyn williams » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:39 pm

Hello Warren
Yes its auto trans fluid,the strainer is under the floor.I will check my book for quantity.If its cheap,go for it :rockon: As long as its less than scrap value. :D
Good luck,I will post tommorow how much oil you will need.
Cheers
Martyn

sean

Post #12 by sean » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:02 am

I have lots of tales to tell about these machines,having owned,oporated,got involved with,help'd friends with,help'd strangers with,and are my first love,but they were never that great on transmisions :wtf: .I bought one with the same problem as you describe out of love and it cost me dear :( .olny buy one of these if you can get in the seat and get it working for a hour without any transmision trouble,the trans on these were olny good for about 3,000 hours :eh: ,the machine in your pic has sprockets from a b100 a series indicating bodge work aswell in my opinion.been there done it,dont waste your hard earnd cash my friend,find one worth buying you can see working :| .

Topic author
wazzainoz

Post #13 by wazzainoz » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:13 am

Thank Sean
Words of wisdom and experience no doubt, do you think cruddy oil in the transmission is a likely cause of
lack of drive ,is it worth a oil change ,looks like dirty milk nothing like red, and you think the trans damage is permanent
not just oil and filters. :doh:

sean

Post #14 by sean » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:45 am

Yes mate,i have done a carbon copy of what you propose to do,the olny way to comit to one of these machines is to work it for at least half hour until trans gats warm,and give it some work and see how it performs.The reason why its sat there is because its knackerd.Its been round the mill and is not a nice example.I am looking for one my self at the moment and would not entertain this,look for one you can test for half hour,or dont bother belive me ;) .

martyn williams

Post #15 by martyn williams » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:45 pm

I would look for a manual B100. 90% of phone calls,emails via my website relate to drive problems on these machines (100B). About half of those are fixed with an oil change,the rest end up as expensive lost causes with the machines broken up for spares or sold as scrap.I know for around a dozen of 100 B's layed up around the South West.One has been stuck on the side of the A 377 for 20 years.
There was a good ex army one at SED a few years back,it came up for sale but with a price tag of £5000.
Martyn

Topic author
wazzainoz

Post #16 by wazzainoz » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:13 pm

Hello again Martyn
Yes i hear all the comments so far and Seans tongue lashing, i think half the world is spoilt by choice of machines at
a respectable price , problem is i live in the wrong half i think, choice here {Australia}is not great and good machines are very pricey.
The owner of this machine tells me it was working fine when last used and I'm not going to call them a liar, could sitting idle and crud for oil
ruin an otherwise reasonable transmission.

martyn williams

Post #17 by martyn williams » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:21 pm

Just drain the oil and do the filter and strainer and see what happens.If its a cheap machine not much to loose.It will proberly cost around £40 for oil and say £20 or so for filter.Worth a try.See if you get better guage readings after the oil change.Work it hard for 30 mins,if its ok I would give it another oil change as all the crap will be in suspension with the warm oil making it easier to change and a better result hopefully.Its a bit of a gamble.A lot of sellers say it was ok when last used,they are proberly right,but that could have been many years ago :lol: My 125 was layed up fo 8 years before I got it going.
Good luck,keep us posted.
Martyn

Topic author
wazzainoz

Post #18 by wazzainoz » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:46 pm

Yes sound feasible if the price is right ,any idea of quantity of oil ,cant be much going by the cost you estimate.
I guess if it doesn't go it will be scrap or spare parts.
Silly question but could the brakes be stuck on or some lever or nobby not pushed or turned, there is a hydraulic lock on
the floor to the right of seat is that like a park brake ,and a few knobs to the right of the loader levers ,i think lock for 4 in 1
and not sure what the other one does all markings fell off years ago.

sean

Post #19 by sean » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:09 pm

Heres an idea,ask the owner if you can have a tinker with it befor you buy :think: ,change oil or whatever you fancy doing,ask us on here for any advice as you go along,if you get no joy all you have lost is a bit of oil and time,in reality you have had some cheap entertainment for a day or two playing with a machine,its better than standing out side a shop waiting for the wife :roll: .I will get my manuals out ready for your questions.Transmision takes 23 litres,or 40 pints of dexron,and the small lever on right of seat is brake peddle lock.

JimInOz
Flag: Australia

Post #20 by JimInOz » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:42 am

Wazza,
I just changed my oil supplier to Western Oil,Melbourne,as their prices are much better than my previous supplier.See if they have a rep in your town.They sell small,medium,large drums at good prices.
At least this might save you a few bucks.
I would think Dexron is gonna be expensive.Also,I think there are a couple of grades of Dexron.

While you are with the Drott,check things like sprocket & Idler wobble ...see if they are firm .Some of the IH track gear & final drive is not easily got now.Check the oil in the finals too...look for quantity & quality.

If it ends up a wrecker,let me know.
Jim

Return to “Track Loaders”