Stick rake pictures please

Discuss dozers here

Topic author
AussieMF

Stick rake pictures please

Post #1 by AussieMF » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:10 pm

Hi guys. Just throwing around ideas about making a stick rake for my TD9 blade, some pictures would be great if anybody has any and how it is fitted to the blade.
I've got the gear to make 1, but some pictures would give me more ideas I reckon.
This is the blade it will go on, it won't be doing huge heavy work, just knocking small regrowth. :thumbup:

URL of the original image: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/2BRUTAL/ImportedPhotos00523.jpg

IANOZ

Re: Stick rake pictures please

Post #2 by IANOZ » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:01 pm

Hi Ashley,The stickrakes we have for our machines are all seperate rakes that the blade is removed off the machine and replaced with the stickrake and i don't think i have photos of clip on rakes . Deas plant would be your best bet for photos , but looking at your blade with the holes in the end of the blade it should not be hard to come up with a clip on rake to suit . I will have a look and see what i can come up with .ian.

IANOZ

Post #3 by IANOZ » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:23 pm

Hi Ashley ,Righto ,i am not smart enough to set up a link ,But if you go to construction hub site .and find the dozer section there is a Dressta TD8H with photos of the clip on rake.All nicely painted so makes it easy to see ..Let me know what you think of that setup .ian.

JimInOz
Flag: Australia

Post #4 by JimInOz » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:54 pm

Hi Ash,
How did you go with the track issue?

CCF28012009_00005 (Large).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

IANOZ

Post #5 by IANOZ » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:57 am

Hi Jim , I think what ashley is after is mounting details for walk in or clip on rakes . All the best for xmas and new year mate :thumbup: ian.

Topic author
AussieMF

Post #6 by AussieMF » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:23 am

Thanks guys, I thought about removing the blade, but then i thought I could make a clip on probably just as easy.

Jim, I haven't had time mate to get back up to the machine but am hopefully going up there for 4 or 5 days over New Years to change the power shift oil and scratch my head a bit more with the tracks. :doh:

Merry xmas guys, thanks for your help and i'll let you know how I get on.

JimInOz
Flag: Australia

Post #7 by JimInOz » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:23 am

Hi Ash,
Yeah,I realized you were looking for clip on ideas...unfortunately I have no pics of clip ons here.That blade looks ideal to hang a rake from...just ensure all the push pressure is taken by the blade.
I have a tractor blade that is blade on bottom & rake on top....just turn over when required.It's a heavy little thing,so you gotta plan ahead & not change too often!
I had an old TD9 with a walk in rake.Good attachment,but lotsa stuffing around to walk out/walk in.

Best wishes to all at Xmas.
Jim :thumbup:

Topic author
AussieMF

Post #8 by AussieMF » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:24 am

How long would you normally have the rake teeth past the bottom edge of the blade, what would be the best material to make them out of thickness wise, or can you buy rake teeth that I can weld on to my frame or what :thumbup:

IANOZ

Post #9 by IANOZ » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:18 am

Hi Ashley , I guess the best steel to make the tines out of would be bissaloy.I have seen some stickrakes with old trackpins welded on the bottom of the tines as wear strips . If you have a user friendly scrappy in your area give them a list of what your after as new steel prices are a bit steep . . How did you go ,see the rake i was talking about . ???maybe down your way tomorrow seeing next door . . ian.

Topic author
AussieMF

Post #10 by AussieMF » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:24 am

yer mate I found the 1 you were talking about. Did you come down and have a look at the car, we weren't home, hopefully heading up to Gin Gin on thursday

Return to “Dozers”