Digger abuse!

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
Robban_C

Digger abuse!

Post #1 by Robban_C » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:44 pm

Wouldn´t using a ripper or a hammer be a better idea?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idzjQmg- ... re=related
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

IANOZ

Re: Digger abuse!

Post #2 by IANOZ » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:56 am

Hi Robert , If you look at his other videos and also look in the background you can see the backhoe ready to come in and start breaking , I guess he just needed to show every one how to abuse an excavator first . Worked with an operator that did the same thing and 25 or so years later he is still there knocking the cr@p outa backhoes . ian .

Localdiggers.co.uk

Post #3 by Localdiggers.co.uk » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:58 pm

not only is that abuse but its just a hard way to do things. always pays to be prepared with the correct tools for the job. a decent rock wheel trencher with the right teeth would do the job in a quarter of the time making it a viable cost effective option

IANOZ

Post #4 by IANOZ » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:23 pm

Hi Dan, Most of us haven't got one of those sitting around waiting to use , so we have to do it the hard way,I did a swimming pool hole the other day,Dug the power trench for the pool filter first and absolutely battled to get it down its 2 foot required. I thought O no ,in for a Loong day. The first 3 foot of the pool dig was hard as hell but changed the direction i was digging and it started comming out ,Not like butter ,but i really thought i would have to rockbreak it. Got it done and still had enough daylight left to go and get another little job done . How is the work situation over there now? I have been flat out lately .Fingers crossed it doesn't stop for awhile. ian.

Localdiggers.co.uk

Post #5 by Localdiggers.co.uk » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:23 am

we are busy, was quiet in jan and feb but havnt stopped since. not bad considering the bulk of our work is single day/ domestic work. glad to hear you are busy mate.

IANOZ

Post #6 by IANOZ » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:32 pm

Hi Dan , We had a Quiet december ,january ,which is normal as the builders basicly all shut up shop .Only trouble was it lasted till last month.Good to here things are going OK for you over there . .Government started a first home buyers grant of $21000 OZ ,which has helped kick things along. But now interest rates have started to go up so it all may come to a screaming halt again . ian.

Localdiggers.co.uk

Post #7 by Localdiggers.co.uk » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:42 pm

im very lucky as im a general builder by trade so i can always find work to keep me and the boys earning, we tend to do a lot of hard landscaping in the quiet periods... but enough about us, we are hijacking this thread... oops!!

Topic author
Robban_C

Post #8 by Robban_C » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:12 am

IANOZ wrote:Hi Robert , If you look at his other videos and also look in the background you can see the backhoe ready to come in and start breaking , I guess he just needed to show every one how to abuse an excavator first . ...

I hadn´t seen the backhoe or the other videos but it is still abusing the excavator.

I don´t know what material there are in the ground there but a ripper might have been handy.
But a ripper wouldn´t be used on a machine that doesn´t have a quick hitch.

A digger without a q/h wouldn´t be of any use in Sweden. Everyone has a q/h (usually a hydraulic one) and several buckets and tools.
If I should have a job like that I would quickly switch to the ripper and try again. If that wouldn´t help I would switch to the hydraulic hammer instead and if that wouldn´t do the job I would get my gas driven drilling machine (hand held) and start drilling for blasting the trench instead.

Oh, I know why he doesn´t have a q/h!
The quick hitches wear to much when using the machine like that! :mrgreen:
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

IANOZ

Post #9 by IANOZ » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:17 pm

Hi Robert ,Mate if you look at the other video of the backhoe rockbreaking it . He does not look like he is making much of an impression on that rock .Perhaps the excavator "operator????" work hardened it bashing it like he did :lol: ian.

Topic author
Robban_C

Post #10 by Robban_C » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:30 pm

:mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9andZbg ... re=related
Look at 0:13, the guy to the left is standing within two meters from the hammer and you can clearly see that he has no hearing protection at all!
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Return to “Excavators”