Mystery backhoe loader spotted

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Nick Drew

Re: Mystery backhoe loader spotted

Post #11 by Nick Drew » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:07 pm

Jeremy Rowland wrote:Easy just ask IBH he's bound to know. :D

Jeremy

Yeh IBH !! of course :thumbs_up: He is CMN's version of the Stig ...an international man of mystery :dizzy: but font of all knowledge on the machinery side of things ! :bow:

Come on IBH put us all out of our misery :doh: ;)

Nick :D

IBH

Post #12 by IBH » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:59 pm

In the first photo I can just make out a red JCB logo on the backhoe however i'm adament that this is not a JCB.
My gut feeling is its an Italian backhoe loader Benati or FAI.

Benati, note similarity in loader arms.

Nick Drew

Post #13 by Nick Drew » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:11 pm

Yes IBH,

I thought FAI in the first instance ...thats why I asked if it were Italian ???

newjcb123uk

Post #14 by newjcb123uk » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:04 pm

How about VENIERI ? :ugeek:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A man reaps what he sows"

Topic author
usedjcbdave
Flag: Great Britain

Post #15 by usedjcbdave » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:21 pm

Ok,some excellent guesses but the machine is actually a .................... Hinomoto which JCB evaluated several years ago as a one off prototype.It has a Hinomoto 3 cylinder engine with 6 speed box.The machine is still used daily with a local land drainage company.

Thank god for that !! This has been driving me nuts :dizzy:

Very interesting thread though David thanks for starting it ! :thumbs_up:

Nick :D

newjcb123uk

Post #16 by newjcb123uk » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:33 pm

usedjcbdave wrote:Ok,some excellent guesses but the machine is actually a .................... Hinomoto which JCB evaluated several years ago as a one off prototype.It has a Hinomoto 3 cylinder engine with 6 speed box.The machine is still used daily with a local land drainage company.

Ahem - prototypes are really interesting :ugeek:

Hinomoto was the trade name for tractors produced by Toyosha, of Japan. Toyosha can trace its roots to plows built by Denzou Tanoue in 1863. Hinomoto compact tractors appeared in the late 1950s and have been exported worldwide. In 1990, Toyosha was purchased by Hitachi Construction Machinery. Hitachi changed the trade name to Tierra in 1997.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

IBH

Post #17 by IBH » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:56 pm

This is intriguing, firstly I never knew about Hinomoto producing a backhoe loader and if its a prototype why were JCB testing it? And why it it carrying JCB logos?
I know that manufacturers regularly test their machines against those of competitors but were JCB doing this or testing on behalf of Hinomoto and if so were JCB going to market the machine?

Last but not least, is that a genuine photo above and even if its is real it does look like a Britains toy

newjcb123uk

Post #18 by newjcb123uk » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:02 am

Hi IBH whenever I was on placement with JCB 1991 :o I saw a number of competitors machines in various nooks and cranies around the factory.For JCB to be confident to produce a machine better than anyone else the only way to do it is buy whats already on the market and use/replicate/improve the already proven tehnology and then incorporate these aspects in an improved manner in their own products. JCB do come up with orginal and ground breaking concepts but then so do other manufacturers as well. The reason for putting JCB logos on these type of machines is really to allow them to blend in their surrounding JCB environment in disguise. Bit like the way the car industry covers up and hides parts of cars on test tracks that they haven't launched to the public yet.

Joe Bamford didn't come up with the idea of the digger - he only improved upon (albeit on a legendary scale) a machine that he saw on a trip to switzerland.
;)

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”