Jcb 3cx white cab engine refitting....

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
Sylwester H
Flag: Great Britain

Jcb 3cx white cab engine refitting....

Post #1 by Sylwester H » Thu May 19, 2022 11:39 am

Good Morning All.
I am after advice on renting engine on my 3cx white cab. In nut shell ... engine went for rebuild.. I managed to remove it with torque converter after a bit of jiggling ...

Now is there easy way of refitting it back ? The engine has the converter still attached. I didn't lower the transmission or the gearbox. Is it a matter of just sliding it back in and bit of side to side and get it fitted ? Or do I need to lower the transmission/gearbox and fit that to the engine once lowered in to place ?
Is it worth changing plates on B&W before I do that ?
Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

essexpete

Re: Jcb 3cx white cab engine refitting....

Post #2 by essexpete » Thu May 19, 2022 12:58 pm

A long time since I helped a very good fitter separate the engine and Borg Warner transmission on both a JCB and Sanderson. I remember the critical thing is getting everything square and easing in very carefully to avoid damage to the main seal as the shaft goes in. We never had the engine and transmission both lowered/removed at the same time with either machine.

Whitlock 505
Flag: Wales

Post #3 by Whitlock 505 » Thu May 19, 2022 10:50 pm

Hi
I did one on a 1987 3cx with a Perins 4.236 engine a couple of years ago and it had the torque still attached, we had to remove the radiator and also undo the oil intercooler in front of the rad, it's a bit of a fiddle and it needs to go in at the right angle so getting the slings at the right angle is the key, we had a tractor loader with creeping hydraulics and cracked the front windscreen but as you say with a bit of patience and side to side movement it went in, good luck
Ian

Topic author
Sylwester H
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by Sylwester H » Fri May 20, 2022 8:56 am

Cheers Guys! Yeah slow and careful will be the way then !

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”