1987 JCB 3CX Sitemaster 2WD

Are you working on a certain project? Renovating an old machine?
Tell us about it here and show us the progress.

Jeremy Rowland

Re: 1987 JCB 3CX Sitemaster 2WD

Post #81 by Jeremy Rowland » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:09 am

essexpete wrote:It will be a very tidy machine when you are done. (actually like a famous Scottish bridge.........)

Pete, that's what restoring old machines is all about, fix one job then something else breaks, then something you had already fixed once :lol: mind you in its own way I find it very enjoyable and it keeps the mind and body active literally!

Jeremy

Topic author
Slooby
Flag: Great Britain

Re: 1987 JCB 3CX Sitemaster 2WD

Post #82 by Slooby » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:00 am

Jeremy Rowland wrote:Pete, that's what restoring old machines is all about, fix one job then something else breaks, then something you had already fixed once :lol: mind you in its own way I find it very enjoyable and it keeps the mind and body active literally!
Jeremy

Urgh, tell me about it...

Having removed all the slack in the steering drag link and ram pins after a couple of weeks use I've found that the king-pins and bushes/bearings are now slopping about...it just moves down the line to the next weak point...

I'm really hoping that somepoint soon I'll be able to get all my tools down here and set up my workshop properly so I will have a my Lathe, a press, welding kit and big pillar drill on hand. Then I can repair things properly and not keep buying parts expensive new parts that quickly get knocked out because of wear in their seats/housings, hopefully I can then machine custom bushes to suit what I have left as it were

Found some suitable Headlamp Housing last night and have ordered a pair: Durite 0-422-00 with integral grilles, a bit more spendy than I wanted to go, but I'm bored with faffing
CN Stuff: MF65, Thwaites Nimline, JCB 3CX
Daily: M140i
Projects: S11a 88" V8 Hybrid, 2 x S111 109"s, Mk11 Mini, Harrison L5A :doh:
Going: T25 Camper & ST675R :cry:
Sorely Missed: 500 of Each Impreza, E39 M5 :(

Return to “Projects”