Truckfest Peterborough 2020

Topic author
hair bear
Flag: Great Britain

Truckfest Peterborough 2020

Post #1 by hair bear » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:35 pm

Hi, Is anyone going to Peterborough this year?
Unfortunately due to a health issue I can't attend, but if anyone is going I would appreciate a programme if there is a spare one? I would be happy to reimburse cost and postage if this is possible.
Thanks.
If a LandRover doesn't leak oil, it's run out.

Topic author
hair bear

Re: Truckfest Peterborough 2020

Post #2 by hair bear » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:18 am

So, I was clinging on to the last minute in the hope I would make it, but no. So I missed it for the first time in 32 years. I'm not sure what's sadder, missing it, or, admitting I've wasted 32 bank holidays.
Anyhow, to make it worse (if that's possible!) I've been stuck at home and running through the videos they made from '89 - '93. I didn't realise how much of the old 'spit n sawdust' atmosphere has gone, always felt a bit edgy, especially some of the parties! All very sanitised now (literally!).
Did you know there was a time when lorries had a home address and land line phone number on the door, and not just a faceless website???!!!

Jeremy Rowland

Post #3 by Jeremy Rowland » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:08 pm

Rob I must say that I am very surprised that this event was still on considering the current situation. :o Sorry to hear you missed out.

Jeremy

Topic author
hair bear

Post #4 by hair bear » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:28 pm

I was too.
Having watched some of the yt videos the car parks look empty, very few caravans, no entertainment stage, very few people around generally. Interesting to note the grandstand completely empty, was it closed?, or was it the new policy to charge a fee to use it being given the finger? Who knows. For me, it's expensive enough without sneaky add-ons like that.

Jeremy Rowland

Post #5 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:05 pm

hair bear wrote:I was too.
Having watched some of the yt videos the car parks look empty, very few caravans, no entertainment stage, very few people around generally. Interesting to note the grandstand completely empty, was it closed?, or was it the new policy to charge a fee to use it being given the finger? Who knows. For me, it's expensive enough without sneaky add-ons like that.

Yes Rob sadly there is a tendency to treat 'Joe Public' like a bottomless cash pit to dip into with added charges for things that aren't anything special, however in this instance I think we can safely say that it was probably Covid 19 that put paid to it.

Jeremy

Return to “Trucks/Lorrys”