Deutz F2L1011 in Thwaites alldrive 4000

Discuss dumpers here

Topic author
MKMUCK
Flag: Great Britain

Deutz F2L1011 in Thwaites alldrive 4000

Post #1 by MKMUCK » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:51 pm

Hi all;

Really struggling with this dumper; took delivery and drove it into the barn for a release bearing and clutch.

Once done and a few pipes replaced in the old girl I tried to fire it and no joy!

So I have done this so far.

- proven fuel to the mech pumps
- proven the solenoid direct to battery
- checked the fuel rack (all works)
- proven small fuel from injector pipes from lift pump
- proven increased flow with Solenoid activated. Squirts 6/8 inches
- fresh fuel
- will chug away on starting fluid

I’m not getting any smoke on cranking at all; therefore suspect no fuel to the pots. I don’t think I can get the injectors out easily as they have never shifted (0417 3080 is the injectors part number)

The pumps are 0417 4029. OMAP

I’m absolutely stuck with this thing; it will not start...

Does anyone have any Devine inspiration?

Thanks in advance

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Deutz F2L1011 in Thwaites alldrive 4000

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:30 pm

Hi Mark, and welcome :wave: what happens if you disconnect the fuel injector pipes at the injectors and spin the engine over, do you get any fuel coming out of the ends of the pipes?

Jeremy

cobbadog
Flag: Australia

Post #3 by cobbadog » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:35 pm

G'Day Mark and welcome. The test that Jeremy has asked is a good start to solving your problem. Also check that there is no air in the fuel system at all. Check every step of the way from tank to filter to rack and finally at the injector/s. When you are sure there is n o air then try to start again. If no joy I'm sorry to say you will need to pull the injectors out, connect them again and crank to view if the spray is fine and constant. What throttle position are you using? I hand crank my 2 cylinder over using the cold start position but the foot throttle is at idle and it starts every time with no issues. I aloso use the decompression levers to get the flywheel spinning over twice before dumping them and away it goes.
Please do not put any part of your body in front of the spray, this is a very high pressure and can cause harm.
Let us know how you get on, and good luck.
Cheers Cobba

AJ.
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by AJ. » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:34 pm

You say you drove it into the barn meaning the engine was running and you stopped it and it will not start again? or do you mean something else come back as I am very familiar with Deutz engines and may be able to advise you.
AJ

essexpete

Post #5 by essexpete » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:51 pm

The Injectors may not be perfect but you would be seeing some smoke out of the exhaust if fuel was being delivered.
Is this a 2 or 3 cyl? That is just a curious question. We had a 3 cyl Deutz in a 3 ton Thwaites. It had a hard life before I bought it but what a cracking tool it was. It out pulled a slightly later 3 ton with a Perkins. The solenoid to the fuel pump was defunct and I rigged a cord on the pump to stop it. I assume therefore that the default was the run position. It was a good starter.

Return to “Dumpers”