Two different dumpers conjoined

Discuss dumpers here

Topic author
Whitlock 505
Flag: Wales

Two different dumpers conjoined

Post #1 by Whitlock 505 » Tue May 22, 2018 10:10 am

Hi Guys

Thought I'd share the latest project that I've been working on, I bought this dumper off facebook marketplace for £600 as I thought it was a bit different, and after losing out on a thwaites 4000 and Winget 4/70 ,after major repairs to the newage 40m gearbox i decided to do some research as I knew the main chassis was a Benford tt2000 but I couldn't find out what the skip that had been grafted on was from, after much searching through various dumper websites pages and forums i discovered the skip was off a Johnson KP2, I decided that it was only right to paint the skip in its original orange and as I was lucky enough to pick up a vinyl cutter for a steal i was able to produce the decals after finding them on a picture of a KP2 on the web, work is progressing slowly and I intend to produce more decals of the Benford tt2000 to go on the diesel and hydraulic tanks, it looks like a cut and shut but it is a great piece of plant celebrating two british manufacturers from a bygone era and the names will live on! Hoping to take it to Ian Davies show in Neath and Welland...........weather permitting, hope you enjoy
Ian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Whitlock 505 on Tue May 22, 2018 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Two different dumpers conjoined

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue May 22, 2018 10:23 am

Nice one Ian :thumbup: :wave:

Jeremy

cobbadog
Flag: Australia

Re: Two different dumpers conjoined

Post #3 by cobbadog » Wed May 23, 2018 5:48 am

Nice work Ian,
The two tone paintwork is a throw back to the 1960's.
Cant wait to get ours finished and take it to a Rally.
Cheers Cobba

Return to “Dumpers”