jcb 3c mk2 no fuel to injector

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
grumpi-g
Flag: Great Britain

jcb 3c mk2 no fuel to injector

Post #1 by grumpi-g » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:48 pm

my faithful old girl finally failed me halfway through digging footings for new home.
manual lift pump ok, fuel coming from both bleed screws on injector pump.
nothing coming out of pump to injectors.
help appreciated

longreach1976

Re: jcb 3c mk2 no fuel to injector

Post #2 by longreach1976 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:04 pm

Hi grumpi check to see if stop control has returned Spring might be broken
If it's an electric stop /start make sure you have 12 volts and it makes a clicking noise when you switch on and off

Topic author
grumpi-g

Post #3 by grumpi-g » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:15 pm

Hi, thanks for your prompt response, not sure about engine stop, unit has no electrics working apart from battery charging. to stop engine I set to min rpm then let clutch stop the engine. I'm really looking for service info for the injection pump especially pics. regards g

longreach1976

Post #4 by longreach1976 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:28 pm

Hi Grumpi how did you get on with the fuel problem

topkit

Post #5 by topkit » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:39 pm

If you are not getting fuel through to the injectors you could have a blokage from the tank, open the bonnet and (if you are sitting in the cab facing forwards it is in the engine bay up against what is the bulkhead sort of beside the battery you will see a rubber tube which is coming from the fuel tank pull the tube off an put some air through it, my old 3c mk ran out of fuel once and after new lifter, fuel filters etc it still would not start, then i blew down the rubber tube and there was a fairly loud plop as the muck dropped back into the bottom of the tank then fuel started to pour up the tube snd the machine fired up straight away. Let us know how you get on.

topkit

Post #6 by topkit » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:42 pm

Ahh ignore my last post i have just read your first post again. As already mentioned try the stop pull when it is pushed back in has the little arm on the pump moved back fully.

essexpete

Post #7 by essexpete » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:02 pm

Is it a rotary pump? Some have a small filter where the feed pipe goes into the pump.

longreach1976

Post #8 by longreach1976 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:45 am

One other thing to check is the pump turning check the drive you will have to disconnect the injector pipes and fuel pipes slide the pump back and check the drive

mart31_uk

Post #9 by mart31_uk » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:03 am

i just sorted a similar problem. it started when i ran the fuel tank empty. when i put diesel back in vic (my 3c2), he wouldnt start for love nor money

i changed both the fuel filters which were full of a sludge but he still wouldnt go. i then took the fuel lift pump apart and that was full of the same sludge, so i cleaned that out, along with its strainer. i then read about there being a strainer on the injection pump and wss thinking about taking it off and stripping it but thought i would undo the pipes at the injectors first to see if the fuel got that far in doing this last biti found the pump was working and i think i have maybe cleared an air lock as vic subsequently ran fine ( i also changed the well overdue air filter).

as a precautionary measure, i am going to drain the tank and filter the contents a couple of times before giving it a couple of treatmentss for biobug ( which i had never heard of before). basically, bacteria live in the water in your fuel and "eat" the biodiesel element of your fuel and their susequent wastr is whats blocking my filters.

once its had that done, i am going to run some wynns injector clean see through it a couple of times then do an oil change, running some flush through that at the same time. hopefully, that should help, along with avoiding running him empty again. :-)

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”