Case backhoe loaders any experiences

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
topkit
Flag: Great Britain

Case backhoe loaders any experiences

Post #1 by topkit » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:29 am

I recently sold my last project which was a project 8 JCB 3CX and now i am on the lookout for another machine, i have seen a few Case 580's i would really want something from around 1998-2004 and was wondering if anyone on here has an experience of Case machines and spares back up, i have had JCB, Fermec and New Holland but never had a Case. I know their cabs are not a spacious as other makes, but have no idea on their engines and transmissions.

mechman

Re: Case backhoe loaders any experiences

Post #2 by mechman » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:20 pm

topkit wrote:I recently sold my last project which was a project 8 JCB 3CX and now i am on the lookout for another machine, i have seen a few Case 580's i would really want something from around 1998-2004 and was wondering if anyone on here has an experience of Case machines and spares back up, i have had JCB, Fermec and New Holland but never had a Case. I know their cabs are not a spacious as other makes, but have no idea on their engines and transmissions.

Did Case have an involvement with Ford (or vice versa)at sometime or was it a rumour? :dizzy:

Jeremy Rowland

Post #3 by Jeremy Rowland » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:19 pm

topkit wrote:I recently sold my last project which was a project 8 JCB 3CX and now i am on the lookout for another machine, i have seen a few Case 580's i would really want something from around 1998-2004 and was wondering if anyone on here has an experience of Case machines and spares back up, i have had JCB, Fermec and New Holland but never had a Case. I know their cabs are not a spacious as other makes, but have no idea on their engines and transmissions.

David I would have thought that Graham Rush (JCB4CX) would be the man to ask about Case backhoe loaders. :thumbup:

Jeremy

agrimax

Post #4 by agrimax » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:25 pm

Wouldn't know too much about them but I think that age of machine will have a Cummins 4-390 engine. If the 4 cylinders are as good as the 6,I think the engines would be hard to beat. Earlier models would have used the old David Brown tractor engines.Either love them or hate them with their odd construction and oil leaks!! (I just mean the engine,not the rest of the machine!)

The tie up with Ford would actually have been through New Holland as the company is now known as Case New Holland or CNH (Industrial).AFAIK, both Case and NH have still totally independant machine ranges though. There was a connection with Case,JCB and Sumitomo and New Holland and Kobelco.Don't know what way that stands now though..............

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Post #5 by FOWLER MAN » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:27 pm

Hi,
I used to run Case 580s, I had both the F and G models with the David Brown engines which I bought second hand and used through the 80s & early 90s, and a Cummins engined 580K bought new in 1990 and I could not fault any of them. :thumbup:
Only pic. I have below. Not sure now if this one was an F or a G.

Fred

Topic author
topkit

Post #6 by topkit » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:43 pm

Thanks for that Fred, Your picture is a 580F, I have taken the plunge now and will post pictures soon !

IBH

Post #7 by IBH » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:36 pm

The August 2017 issue of Classic Plant & Machinery magazine has a piece on a restored Case 580G and in the article in mentions that the 580G has the same four cylinder engine as a David Brown 996 tractor.
Were Case 580G's ever built in the UK or were the D.B. engines exported to Case plants outside the UK e.g. in the US, France or Spain?

Topic author
topkit

Post #8 by topkit » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:09 pm

So i sold my project 8 3CX and i took the plunge and got myself a 57 plate Case 590 R Series 2 Powershift. It's the same platform as the New Holland which i like, It's a 1 owner from new 5300 hour machine with Aircon, Servo controls for the backhoe came with 4 buckets too. I have done a fair bit of cleanng up inside and out, Everything works, Just done an oil change and air filters, Been moving some road planings with it this afternoon and it's an impressive bit of kit to use.

Topic author
topkit

Post #9 by topkit » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:09 pm

topkit wrote:So i sold my project 8 3CX and i took the plunge and got myself a 57 plate Case 590 R Series 2 Powershift anniversary model, It's the same platform as the New Holland which i like, It's a 1 owner from new 5300 hour machine with Aircon, Ride Control,, Servo controls for the backhoe came with 4 buckets too. I have done a fair bit of cleanng up inside and out, Everything works, Just done an oil change and air filters, Been moving some road planings with it this afternoon and it's an impressive bit of kit to use.

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”