ts14b scraper

Discuss scrapers here

Topic author
mertrakron
Flag: Great Britain

ts14b scraper

Post #1 by mertrakron » Sat May 13, 2017 4:22 pm

Hi everyone,
Does anyone know if a ts14 ,ts14b or a ts24 scraper exists anywhere in the uk still? Plan to make a largish model and would be great if i could get some dims of the basic bowl and tractor chassis parts etc off the real thing. I have purchased service and repair and parts manuals for both now which gives me an awful lot of info but of course only basic lengths widths and heights etc. Need to get the pull yoke and bowl fabs etc as near perfect to scale as i can. I think there are a couple here somewhere but no real location. Found a couple in Europe so if i have to get the bike out i will but need to check here first.
Any info would be gratefully recieved.
Have some pics of 4 Cat 631b,s working on the ring road around Basingstoke and operated by Richards and Wallington in 1968 being pushed by the famous D9g. Will put them up on here if i can ever work out how to do it shortly. Loads of Ts 14s also working but never got pics of them for some reason. They were operated by Rocon. Dick Hampton was also operating D8, and boxes on parts of the ring road too.
Look forward to any info.

Britman

Re: ts14b scraper

Post #2 by Britman » Fri May 19, 2017 3:27 pm

Try Colin Bridge of Country Way Gun Shop in West Malling Kent. He has a TS24 in his collection.

Topic author
mertrakron

Post #3 by mertrakron » Sun May 21, 2017 5:27 pm

Thats BRILL.
Just seen a video of his 24 and is a coal scraper version but all the critical dims could be taken off that unit. Its best to make a working model of a unit which can be seen physically . It would be an awful lot easier to make a cat scraper as they are still easier to find in the uk than Euclids or terex,s but the Euclids were so awe inspiring with the twin engines roaring away back then. We made them here too which adds to the sentimentality.
Many thanks for that info. I dont ever remember seeing a twin cat scraper in our area although i know they were used on the M3 some miles away.

catlee

Post #4 by catlee » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:09 pm

My model TS-14F scale 1:10

Jeremy Rowland

Post #5 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:24 am

Nice model there Leandro :thumbup: did you build it yourself?

Jeremy

catlee

Post #6 by catlee » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:31 pm

Yes!! I drew and built every part of it. It was to be a TS-14B. But then I switched to an F model. Now I'm testing the engines for traction. it's been complicated to find something ideal to have strength and speed for it! Once you have solved this I will post a Video here. I'm drawing a TS-32 now. Who knows in the future to build one too. Hugs!

Jeremy Rowland

Post #7 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:20 am

catlee wrote:Yes!! I drew and built every part of it. It was to be a TS-14B. But then I switched to an F model. Now I'm testing the engines for traction. it's been complicated to find something ideal to have strength and speed for it! Once you have solved this I will post a Video here. I'm drawing a TS-32 now. Who knows in the future to build one too. Hugs!

I salute your model making skills :claphands: we have some very good model makers on this forum. :thumbup:

Jeremy

Topic author
mertrakron

Post #8 by mertrakron » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:25 am

Really good model. Well done

Return to “Scrapers”