Unknown Backhoe

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
Dah
Flag: Great Britain

Unknown Backhoe

Post #1 by Dah » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:27 pm

Hi,

My guess would be early O&K but no idea what type...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Unknown Backhoe

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:57 pm

Yes dave that is most definitely and early 1970's O&K machine. :thumbup: probably an RH75

Jeremy

Topic author
Dah
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by Dah » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:01 pm

Hi Jeremy,

I was wondering about one of the first 75's too looking at the size - or maybe a very early RH40?

Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mark Williams

Post #4 by Mark Williams » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:31 am

Hi Dave,
Your latest photo is of an O&K RH40.When I worked on the F Shephard'Hill Ras Bryn & Pen Bryn Oer O.C.C.S,we had 1 on there,although it had the earlier paint scheme,of all red.It was used to load 3 x Caterpillar 769C trucks,1 of which I operated.It used to load us with 4 bucket fulls.It had a bigger bucket,than the 1 in your picture.The V12 Deutz engine seized up on it @ the very start of the shift 1 extremely cold winters morning.After the engine was overhauled up @ plant yard in Chesterfield,it wasn't long before the Backhoe was sold & replaced by a new Komatsu PC650 backhoe,with a high rise cab.This new backhoe didn't stay to long & was replaced by a Caterpillar 245 front dump shovel,that was originally bought new with the Cat 769s,for a dam job in Jersey.This team of 4,also worked on the failed Carrsington dam project,up in England.I regularly used to operated this shovel.
The O&K RH40, was bought new for the Glyn Glas O.C.C.S near Ammanford in the 70s.It was used mainly to load Terex R70 & Aveling Barford Centaur 50 dump trucks.
I will write about the Glyn Glas site later.
Regards,
Mark Williams.

Shovelman

Post #5 by Shovelman » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:26 am

Hey Dave,

It's an RH30. I think the unusual elevated and more rearward cab makes it seem larger than it actually is in photos. I'm thinking there is an article on this exact machine in one of the O&K magazines, but I don't have time right now to search for it.

John

Return to “Excavators”