Gigarailer by Rexquote

Discuss equipment which does not fit in in the other forums here, like cable cranes, material handlers, drilling, piling and screen equipment

IBH

Re: Gigarailer by Rexquote

Post #11 by IBH » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:58 am

Found this photo earlier:
http://www.ontrackplant.com/photo/readypower-fr638

http://www.ontrackplant.com a great website for photos of ''on-track plant and road-railers across the UK railway network''.

IBH

Post #12 by IBH » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:02 am

I've comes across some details about the Road-railer in Jeremy Rowlands photos at the start of the thread, on the website of the plant hire company than run it:

http://www.readypower.co.uk/products/61

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #13 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:06 am

Nice one IBH :thumbs_up:

Will have to check the site out when I've got five minutes (if I ever get five minutes :| )

Jeremy

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #14 by Holger » Sat May 17, 2008 4:56 pm

AWE4 is a computer-controlled 4-way hydraulic-system

1983 - 1989
Bedarfsstrom-, last- und drehzahlunabhängige AWE-4-Hydraulik, bei der Lastdruckabhängig auch bei der Leistungsüberforderung gegeben ist.
Elektronische Grenzlastregelung mit logikgesteuertem Zweikreis-AWE-4-System
Some resources:
How-To

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #15 by Jeremy Rowland » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:41 pm

Hi Folks,

Came across another two Rexquote Gigarailer machines today, the first one is based on a Case machine but I'm not sure of the exact model number :?: (one for IBH to confirm ;) )
The second is a Komatsu PC138US tracked railer.

Jeremy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nick Drew

Post #16 by Nick Drew » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:17 pm

IBH wrote:I've comes across some details about the Road-railer in Jeremy Rowlands photos at the start of the thread, on the website of the plant hire company than run it:

http://www.readypower.co.uk/products/61

Good firm!!

I have an old mate from Southampton who is a plant manager for them, he used to be with "The Big H"(Hydrex)!! but jumped ships some time ago!

Nick :thumbs_up:

Nick Drew

Post #17 by Nick Drew » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:23 pm

Hi Jeremy,

Most of the Case machines on the rails are 988 based, they prefer these because they are a heavy old piece of kit for lifting duties :thumbs_up:

Heres one I used to operate...

Hydrex Case 988 roadrailer 01.jpg

Nick.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #18 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:59 pm

Whilst I was by TDR heavy haulage today I also snapped this Atlas Gigarailer machine that was in Hydrex yard (next door).

Jeremy

ryanrailengineer

Post #19 by ryanrailengineer » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:58 pm

Hi i know this subject was posted along time ago and i have only just found it but as a gigarailer driver myself i thought you guys might be interested about this machine still and what sort of stuff can be achieved by this amazing machine. First of all some of the pictures of the machines posted on this topic they are not all gigarailers you have some megarailers and crawlerrailers all converted by rexquote. But back to the gigarailer i have driven the gigrailer since its release a few years ago mainly used for lifting rail, sleepers etc also can be used to handle ballast on site but this machine is rarely used for digging purposes. The machine has a lifting warning system if there is something to heavy for the machine it gives a loud warning it also gives a warning the same when you are near the max weight the machine can handle. The gigarailer is a very practical machine and can achieve most tasks on site. I have never had the problem of not being able to complete a task in this machine. you can see some videos of the gigarailer in action on you tube on my site its me actually driving the machine filmed by my nephew. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9l86w-WRZY there are three videos you can watch. One more thing i am new here and would like to welcome myself to everyone and any questions about road rail plant or rail work send me a message thanks.
Readypower Watford

STATION CAR PARK
KINGS LANGLEY
WATFORD
HERTS
WD4 8LF

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Post #20 by Martyn Henley » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:15 pm

Greetings Ryan and a big welcome to CMN :thumbup:

Thank you posting such a informative post .. and i am sure there are others that will be most interested in your work and experience

Martyn

Return to “Misc earthmoving equipment”