Re: CMN Photo Competition August 2010

Post #51 by Holger » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:21 am

:thumbup: :claphands:
Some resources:
How-To

newjcb123uk

Post #52 by newjcb123uk » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:23 pm

Well folks now I'm just about finally recoved from quite a major hangover I feel I am of sound mind to judge last months photo competition.

Thanks to Steve for kicking things off with his photo of a Komatsu emerging from a barge.
Jeremy next with a nice shot of a real classic in the form of an RB face Shovel.
Ross with a delightful shot of a trio of dumprucks
Stuart took a shot of 2 massive mining shovels which looked like dots showing the sheer scale of earth moved.
Paul entered a meaty shot of a huge RH120 loading some Heavy duty Cat dumptrucks.
Joe - blew me away with a fantabulas action shot of a Liebherr LTM1500 constructing an absolutely massive wind turbine - this was indeed a fantastic photgraph for me and I'm not even that turned on much by cranes.
Dave sent a delightful agricultural pic of two powerful county tractors ploughling the land.
Ian showed power on the land in the form of a class jaguar gobboling up silage and spitting it in to colour co-ordinated trailers towed by a NewHolland and a really handsome Massey ferguson tractor.
Clockworklozenge gave me an interesting picture of what possibly looks like an old Bray loading shovel parked up and awaiting death from the hedge row or cutters torch - liked this desolate shot.
Stuarts Heavyduty HIAB assisting a major repair on a RH120 made interesting viewing
Kari - send us a nice shot of a lesser spotted Inrernational loading shovel by the fresh salty shore.
Jeremy again with another classic quarry machine in the form of a Euclid (Bet it was because it looked a bit Hymac green :D )
Dylan sent a picture of a Teckeuchi mini digger
Craig entered a seamans view of expensive machinery cargo being loaded in the form of Massey and McCormick tractors. A green foliage shot of a Newholland excavator was also entered.
Sam Kellys first entry was part of a crane but scrolling down to see his second entry I was again blew away by the picture of The Sagrada Familia in Barcellona - Wow what a beautiful shot of the cathedral that never seems to get finished - 4 absolutely massive tower cranes shows the sheer magnitude of this magnificant building.
Clockwork again with an arty shot of a classic Caterpillar traxavator complete with rust.
Joe showed us a lovely action shot of a big brute of a Komatsu PC-800 scooping up and loading volvo ADT
Michaels shot of a coalmine took in no less than 18 heavy duty earthmovers - thats some diesel bill.
Wyn - liked this unusual picture showing a stand off between a Bomag and caterpillar Landfill Compactors - unusual machines in an interesting pose. Wyn also supplied a "helicopter" view looking deep into a landfill void.
Nick - very JCB yellow with a shapely new 8 tonner nice machine in a nice action shot.
Paul finally brings the competition to a close showing a brute of a Volvo 70 ton excavator loading some willing and waiting volvo ADTs

So considering all of the above I have a decision to make and hope the winner will enjoy judging this months comptition as I have this August -

In third place I'm going to award - Wyns shot of the 2 landfill compactors :claphands:

In second place Im going to award Sam kellys breathtaking shot of the Cathedral and cranes in Barcelona :claphands: :claphands:

This Months 1st place winner goes deservingly to JOE SUMMERHILL :claphands: :claphands: :claphands: :claphands:
A fantastic picture showing just what man and machine can really do when we put our minds to it - Well done Joe :thumbup:

:rockon:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A man reaps what he sows"

samk706

Post #53 by samk706 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:28 pm

Second :D thanks :)

Well done Joe :claphands: :claphands:

Sam

Jeremy Rowland

Post #54 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:33 pm

Well done Joe :claphands: :claphands:

Jeremy

Ross

Post #55 by Ross » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:35 pm

Last! ... Well its the taking part that counts :lol: :lol:

I am back in country on Saturday ... September comp is gonna be war :mrgreen: :rockon:

P.S Well done to the top 3 ... IMO all pics could have taken pole ..

wxmman

Post #56 by wxmman » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:56 pm

3rd Thanks!!!!
BTW - The Bomag is parked up due to the fact it has spun the shells & the 826 has blown it's rear diff !!!!!!!!!!!!
Nothing runs like a Deere, - being chased by a big Cat..........

Neversweat
Flag: Great Britain

Post #57 by Neversweat » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:36 am

:claphands: :claphands: :claphands: Well done everyone

Steve

Topic author
Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #58 by Holger » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:21 am

Congratulations Joe! :claphands:
Well done everybody!

Thanks for the entertaining decision Chris! :thumbup:
Some resources:
How-To

Joes1989
Flag: Great Britain

Post #59 by Joes1989 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:54 pm

haha i cant actually believe that! Thanks everyone!

argie
Flag: Wales

Post #60 by argie » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:28 pm

Well done Joe! :claphands: :claphands: :claphands:
Paul

Return to “Photo Competitions”