www.minimovers.nl

New releases and reviews here

Topic author
kwabbus
Flag: Netherlands

UPDATE! The making of...a Caterpillar D9E "van Damme"

Post #171 by kwabbus » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:35 pm

UPDATE! The making of...a Caterpillar D9E "van Damme"

Custom scale model builder Ad Gevers has recently finished his next project developing and building a Caterpillar D9E Plow Tractor "van Damme" by using the Caterpillar D9E Track-Type Tractor from RR Models in 1:50th scale.

It is our goal for the coming period in the "Making of...a Caterpillar D9E Plow Tractor van Damme" to show you how this custom model has been achieved.

Ad will share his building skills through its construction photos with little notes to guide us through his progress. Gradually it shows the making of a unique model of the Caterpillar D9E Plow Tractor "van Damme"

Today I have added the third update of the "The making of ..." This episode Ad his pictures show you the making the undercarriages and the metal shoes of the "van Damme" machine.

Enjoy reading & watching!

Ad and Wouter

Original URL: http://www.minimovers.nl/files/4567ef7abb27ea8ac59309c1eab267e7-Caterpillar_D9E_van%20Damme_Making%20of%20(19).jpg

Topic author
kwabbus

NEWS FLASH! Caterpillar DD9H Collin Ripper [Black Rat Model Collection]

Post #172 by kwabbus » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:59 pm

NEWS FLASH! Caterpillar DD9H Collin Ripper [Black Rat Model Collection]

Saturday, March 21, 2015 the 24st Modelshow Europe was held in the flowerauction "Plantion" nearby the city Ede in the Netherlands.

On this special exhibition one could see all kinds of miniatures and model construction projects in the field of earthmoving, cranes and heavy transport. This Modelshow Europe exhibition is unique by its grand design and the only one in Europe.
Many collectors and builders showed on the Modelshow Europe their (rebuilt and/or radio controlled) models. Also a wide range of miniatures and related components where offered for sale.

Friend and Caterpillar scale model collector Bruce R., better known as the man behind the Black Rat Model Collection was present and brought with him for all the Caterpillar enthusiasts a huge surprise: a unique hand built scale model of the Caterpillar DD9H with Collin Ripper in 1:50th scale.

I am very pleased that I got the permission for an exclusive series of photographs of this "one of a kind" masterpiece and share them with you al

Curious for the pictures of the Caterpillar DD9H Collin Ripper? Check out the report of the Modelshow Europe 2015

Original URL: http://www.minimovers.nl/files/464f79fee4c74fd131a94fa06db4d968-Caterpillar_DD9H_Collin%20Ripper_Black%20Rat%20Models%20(05).jpg

Topic author
kwabbus

The making of...a Caterpillar D25C Water Tanker

Post #173 by kwabbus » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:45 pm

The making of...a Caterpillar D25C Water Tanker

Custom scale model builder Gertjan shows you one of his latest projects: Building a Caterpillar D25C Water tanker by using the custom kit from CypModels in 1:50th scale.

Today is the start of this "The making of... a ". Gertjan takes the original kit from CypModels in hand and makes some major adjustments at some points and improves to end up as accurate as possible.

It is our goal for the coming period in the "The making of...Caterpillar D25C Water tanker? to show you how this custom model will be achieved. You will be amazed with the high standards he sets!

Gertjan will share his building skills through its construction photos with little notes to keep us informed of the building process. Gradually it shows the making of a unique model of the Caterpillar D25C Water tanker.

Gertjan and Wouter

Original URL: http://www.minimovers.nl/files/fb1fb530042a378ceb362230e98ef24d-Caterpillar_D25C_Watertanker_Makingof_11243.jpg

Topic author
kwabbus

The making of...a DJB D35 Articulated Dump Truck

Post #174 by kwabbus » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:29 pm

The making of...a DJB D35 Articulated Dump Truck

Custom scale model builder Gertjan shows you one of his latest projects: Building a DJB D35 Articulated Dump Truck by using the custom kit from CypModels in 1:50th scale.

Today is the start of this "The making of... a ". Gertjan takes the original kit from CypModels in hand and makes some major adjustments at some points and improves to end up as accurate as possible.
It is our goal for the coming period in the "The making of...DJB D35 Articulated Dump Truck? to show you how this custom model will be achieved. You will be amazed with the high standards he sets!

Gertjan will share his building skills through its construction photos with little notes to keep us informed of the building process. Gradually it shows the making of a unique model of the DJB D35 Articulated Dump Truck.

Gertjan and Wouter

Original URL: http://www.minimovers.nl/files/55314c560e58af512992793ce2eb7361-DJB_D35_Making%20of_(12).jpg

Topic author
kwabbus

LATEST ADDITION! Caterpillar 16M [CCM 1:48]

Post #175 by kwabbus » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:43 pm

LATEST ADDITION! Caterpillar 16M [CCM 1:48]

Last Friday I received from a very good friend in America this latest addition in my collection made by Classic Construction Models (CCM) and today I was able to take it to the photo set:

Caterpillar 16M Motor Grader

This die-cast scale model is made in a limited edition of only 800 pieces in 2015 by CCM in scale 1:48
The scale model is packaged in a deluxe gift box and comes with a signed certificate. I'm the happy collector with in possession #118.

My first impression: Unique hand-built and very complete scale model and a nice addition in my Caterpillar 16M series. More than well worth the wait! This is a must have for every Caterpillar collector.

I will add the complete review with more pictures from the model, machine in 1:1 and background information in the category Motor Graders

Wouter

Original URL: http://www.minimovers.nl/files/ce5c2173e8b2650fbd6e1b7f0d5106c9-Caterpillar_16M_CCM_2530.jpg

Topic author
kwabbus

MiniMovers visits Tonkin Replicas Europe

Post #176 by kwabbus » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:07 pm

MiniMovers visits Tonkin Replicas Europe

Almost a year ago I went for the last time to visit Tonkin Replicas Europe and so it was about time to once again meet.

Today I traveled without my best (Caterpillar) Friend Ad Gevers but with a box Zeeuwse bolussen off to Montfoort to arrive just before noon and been warmly welcomed by Joris Gielen and Joost Vermeij.

It is clear to everyone that in the second year Tonkin Replicas started with producing Caterpillar scale models they have not been standing still. In fact after the first announcement in 2013 of a large wheel loader program there are currently almost 30 Caterpillar scale models of all machine types in the 1:50th and 1:87th range available or in the pipeline to be released.

In addition, also Kobelco, Link Belt, Nooteboom, KAMAG and Nicoloas have been added to the program. Because some of these manufacturers use Caterpillar components, such as Engines in their 1:1 machines, we are also waiting anxiously what surprises this are going to bring.
In addition, now appear on a regular basis versions in corporate colors of the above machines including wellknown companies like Mammoet and the Vinci Group.

Furthermore the close collaboration with the Dutch company Tekno, known worldwide for their excellent truck and trailers in 1:50th scale, since the beginning of 2014, has certainly contributed to a higher quality and detail of the scale models Tonkin Replicas the coming period will be released.

Tonkin Replicas has set the bar high for themselves and is constantly busy to produce better Scale Models. Therefore it is nice that they listen to the collectors and also give us the opportunity to share our experiences with them. I am also critical about some of the released models, but I am convinced that the interplay of Caterpillar and Tonkin Replicas have to grow and how simple things can sometimes appear to be that there was no other choice than to produce the model, while we must not lose sight of the fact that all these Caterpillar scale models are unfortunately not initially created for us as collectors but just for marketing purposes of Caterpillar. Take it from me that Tonkin Replicas perfectly can develop, produce and deliver Scale models. The best proof are in my eyes the recently released Caterpillar 621K and 627K Wheel Tractor Scrapers. They are both world class models!!!

Despite the hectic and bustle around the preparations for the forthcoming BAUMA I was allowed to see the prototype of the announced Caterpillar 555D Skidder and some other new scale models. Unfortunately I can not, due to the stringent requirements of Caterpillar, share any pictures with you, but I can you tell that I'm very pleased with the upcoming projects!!!

For my "photo shoot moment" I was allowed to show the recently released KAMAG Slag Transporter collectible scale model manufactured by Tonkin Replicas in scale 1:50 exclusive and in a strictly Limited Edition for KAMAG.
The KAMAG Slag Transporter in 1:1 is provided with a Caterpillar C15 Acert Engine so you understand this beauty will be added to my "PoweredbyCat" collection soon.

A must have for every scale model collector!

It is expected that, when Caterpillar give their final approval to the announced models, most models will be available in your diecast scale model store or webshop shortly after the BAUMA spring 2016. Of course we can expect some surprises, but how well I did my best and tried to distract Joris and Joost both gentlemen unfortunately did not leave me for a single second alone so I could not have a sneak look in the office cabinets or hack their computers. But there are some new announcements in the pipeline that was obvious. So we all have to wait and see.....

At the end of the afternoon I was friendly urged to return home, because Joris and Joost had an eye on that I otherwise still had been there until today.

Wouter

Original URL: http://www.minimovers.nl/files/b2a7b7bb4fe8d8f7976c062f6e29bfea-News_Tonkin_2015_KAMAG_0954.jpg

Topic author
kwabbus

LATEST ADDITION! Caterpillar D4D Pipelayer [Custom 1:50]

Post #177 by kwabbus » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:50 pm

LATEST ADDITION! Caterpillar D4D Pipelayer [Custom 1:50]

This holiday weekend I visited one of my best friends and fellow Caterpillar scale model collectors and took home the latest addition in my collection and directly took it to the photo set:

Caterpillar D4D Pipelayer

The Caterpillar D4D Pipelayer is a "one of a kind" custom scale model. Ad used for this project a donor diecast Caterpillar D4 Track-Type Tractor which has been released by NZG in the 1970's in 1:50th scale.

He modified the Track-Type Tractor version into a Caterpillar D4D Pipelayer version and added (as he always does -)) tons of extra details including some scratch built features. But even that was not enough: He made a unique diorama which is a small masterpiece on its own. As you can see it turned into a true museum piece and a very valuable and unique addition to my Caterpillar collection!

Curious to see how this model is made then check out "The Making of...Caterpillar D4D Pipelayer" and see the coming period how Ad created for me this one of a kind custom model of the Caterpillar D4D Pipelayer.

Original URL: http://www.minimovers.nl/files/f9733dbf5ada08585b2b1f07f4115d03-Caterpillar_D4D_Pipelayer_Teaser_2729.jpg

Topic author
kwabbus

AVAILABLE NOW! Caterpillar Winch Kit #51 [cADSttachments 1:50]

Post #178 by kwabbus » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:26 pm

AVAILABLE NOW! Caterpillar Winch Kit #51 [cADSttachments 1:50]

Under the name cADSttachements appear regularly exclusive small series of KITS that allow you to add a machine variant or a unique work tool to your Caterpillar collection.

Caterpillar Winch Kit #51

Announcent at the Modelshow Europe 2015, in Ede, The Netherlands and now soon available! Pre order your kit today. Do not wait to long they are gone before you know! These are small series limited KITS. So GONE=GONE!

If you want to buy the Caterpillar Winch Kit #51 check: cADSttachements

Original URL: http://www.minimovers.nl/files/53572e8d332decfe3c1ec237610e9452-KIT%2051%20Winch%20D8T%20(10).jpg

Topic author
kwabbus

NEWS FLASH! The making of...a DOOBI D9R IDF Military Bulldozer

Post #179 by kwabbus » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:38 pm

NEWS FLASH! The making of...a DOOBI D9R IDF Military Bulldozer

Custom scale model builder Ad Gevers started this week with his next project the building in 1:48th scale of the:

DOOBI D9R IDF Military Bulldozer

It is our goal for the coming period in this "Making of... DOOBI D9R IDF Military Bulldozer" to show how this custom model will be achieved. Ad Gevers, will share his building skills through its construction photos with little notes from me to keep you informed of his progress. Gradually it shows you the making of a unique model of the DOOBI D9R IDF Military Bulldozer.

Ad and Wouter

Original URL: http://www.minimovers.nl/files/d1d15297775b6ad49e8f982f392fc6b4-DOOBI_D9R_Making%20of_QuAD_2769.jpg

Topic author
kwabbus

LATEST ADDITION! Caterpillar 621 [NZG 1:50]

Post #180 by kwabbus » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:09 pm

LATEST ADDITION! Caterpillar 621 [NZG 1:50]

This week I received this latest addition made by NZG in my collection and directly took it to the photo set:

Caterpillar 621 Wheel Tractor-Scraper #122

The Caterpillar 621 Wheel Tractor-Scraper scale model was already since the early years a part of my Earthmoving collection and was so unnoticed for more than thirty years in my possession.
With the recent arrival of the Caterpillar 621K Scraper I had to create space in the display cabinet and only then I noticed that the NZG model of age fell apart and had never been complete.
That's why I was very happy that I got the opportunity through a collector friend to obtain for a very decent price a mint boxed copy.

My first impression: A must have within every Caterpillar Wheel Tractor-Scrapers collection.
For me a very valuable scale model because it brings back the good memories of the days I used to attend scale model swap meetings with my Dad.

I will add more pictures from the Caterpillar 621 Wheel Tractor-Scraper scale model, machine 1:1 and background information in the category Wheel Tractor-Scrapers.
So stay tuned for more!

Wouter

Original URL: http://www.minimovers.nl/files/c0d7c9b26b81bc5ac81643b7dfdc77e3-Caterpillar_621_NZG_2895.jpg

Return to “New releases/reviews”