Refinary Project (Pipe Bridge Photos added)

Discuss dioramas here

gbarnewall

Re: Refinary Project (Pipe Bridge Photos added)

Post #11 by gbarnewall » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:46 pm

Wow man,that is really growning is size!! gets more impressive as it progresses,this is going to be amazing!!

what does the tea taste like after it has been refined :D :D :thumbup: :thumbup:

Noel

Post #12 by Noel » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:10 am

Wow, top class workmanship there :claphands: Its great to see a step by step guide to how its going together, cant wait to see all the pipes and tanks and stuff goin onto it too. :thumbup:

Topic author
liebherr112fan

Post #13 by liebherr112fan » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:37 pm

Thanks guys, I will try my best to keep you abreast of the progress.
Graham it's a fine art, involving a two stage process, and the results are perfect tar like substance.

Noel I am getting to caught up in the design, making sure I am using the correct steels etc, so I get the right stresses and moment connects, I need to chill an just build, if you saw the amount of time I build and then deconstruct cuz it is 1mm out of plumb, it's worse than OCD. :dizzy:
Well next stage is the connection pads for the bridge to the process building and maybe then some pipe work.

Martyn, the glue i use is from EMA a solvent its is amazing stuff and fast, i would higly recomment it but if you are going to use it to make it efficent i would suggest you get an applicator also,.

URL of the original image: http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee376/liebherr112fan/Leos%20Models/Glue.jpg

URL of the original image: http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee376/liebherr112fan/Leos%20Models/Glue1.jpg

link to solvent
http://www.ema-models.co.uk/index.php/materials/adhesives/liquid-solvent-cement-500ml.html

Link to dispenser
http://www.ema-models.co.uk/index.php/hand-tools/application-products/miscellaneous.html
Regards
Liebherr112Fan

Noel

Post #14 by Noel » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:24 pm

liebherr112fan wrote:
Noel I am getting to caught up in the design, making sure I am using the correct steels etc, so I get the right stresses and moment connects, I need to chill an just build, if you saw the amount of time I build and then deconstruct cuz it is 1mm out of plumb, it's worse than OCD. :dizzy:
[/url]

Lol, I hope you didn't forget your 'factor of safety' for live loads and dead loads when you were carrying out your structural calculations!! ;) :lol:

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Post #15 by Martyn Henley » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:42 pm

Thank you for that 112fan ... i shall stick with my cyno ... you ought to have word with EMA about using your model on the cover of their price list, hope they give you a good discount :thumbup:

Martyn

Topic author
liebherr112fan

Post #16 by liebherr112fan » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:10 pm

Are they i didnt see,so i take it they have a photo of a similar model on the cover, would love to see that.
Regards
Liebherr112Fan

andyb

Post #17 by andyb » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:22 pm

WOW this is amazing so far , I cant wait to see it finished , its gonna be amazing.

Is it to scale or just from the mind ?

Andy

niner

Post #18 by niner » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:24 pm

looks sweet, some really nice attention to detail there. :bow:

You must have spent a small fortune on plastics!

Dieseljimmer

Post #19 by Dieseljimmer » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:37 pm

Wow :bow: , brought back some memories actually operated an Ethylene petrochemical plant for BP in a former life and built and commissioned some with Costain Oil and Gas. Simon Carves would be very proud! Great detail :thumbup: !

Return to “Dioramas”