JCB 2CX Fuses

Discuss wheel loaders here

Topic author
asicomputer

JCB 2CX Fuses

Post #1 by asicomputer » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:59 pm

Hello all. Not really a classic, but you all helped with my old dumper and I thought this a good first port of call! Dad's JCB 2CX is Airmaster (2003) is fine and lovely BUT I've started driving it on the road and decided to fix up all the lights. we have a beacon which when plugged into the brittax plug on the roof didn't work at all (I checked the switch, it's fine) no biggy I thought I'll put the cable through the window and put a cigarette plug on the end. This was fine. Then the rear brake lights and side lights were blown so we bought new bulbs and I put them in and cleaned the connections brake lights lovely, one side light... so I check it all over several times, give it a poke, nothing check with the multimeter, dead. Check the fuses, one has blown. No fuse was blown before because I checked ALL of them when the top beacon didn't work. I traced the fault and it lies somewhere within the loom, it's because there is a short. Then the rear working lights which have long worked fine stopped working and blew a fuse, I saw that one go pop. I'm assuming that this is all one common fault and is one big short out somewhere, where would there be a short to blow out the rear working lights fuse and the right hand (off) side side lights fuse and possibly others too but I don't know, I haven't tried anything else for fear of blowing more fuses or worse causing a fire. I have no idea where to start hunting. It has me flummoxed. If anyone knows any forums more suited to modern JCBs as well that would be much appreciated

Many thanks for any insight

Adam

jcb4cx
Flag: Great Britain

Re: JCB 2CX Fuses

Post #2 by jcb4cx » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:44 pm

main plug where it exits the cab , common fault there ,right hand corner sat in the cab i think
i had a 2DX catch fire in the loom due to corrosion in the plug
every village has one , is yours missing you

Topic author
asicomputer

Post #3 by asicomputer » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:58 pm

I think I've found this plug. A huge great thing underneath the cab looks to be directly under the joystick that works the loading arms. I've had a rummage from under the wheel arch but it looks a nightmare to get at from there. Do I have to dismember the entire cab and reach it from above or is there a quicker way in. Also where would we get a replacement plug from?

Many Thanks
Adam

jcb4cx

Post #4 by jcb4cx » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:29 pm

pretty sure the one that caught fire had it cut out and hardwired straight through , its a part of the loom and not changeable

Topic author
asicomputer

Post #5 by asicomputer » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:03 pm

okay, that makes sense and I see how I'd do that, but how do I actually get at it to work on? I'm probably missing a trick but can't see how I'd work on it from under the cab, it's far too tight down there so is there an inspection panel in the cab or something I need to go through?

jcb4cx

Post #6 by jcb4cx » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:55 pm

i am not sure as i did not have anything to do with repairs
although can you remove the panel on the side of the cab , the vented one and gain access from there :?:

Return to “Wheel Loaders”