Introduction and question!

Discuss wheel loaders here

Topic author
dolphin_shoot
Flag: Great Britain

Introduction and question!

Post #1 by dolphin_shoot » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:01 pm

Hi, have been a member for a while but never been able to suss out how to post till I just logged on via laptop rather than phone! Am based in the Northwest of England and own a couple of old tractors and a JCB 3CX B reg 1984/85 which brings me to my question! I was wondering if anyone was knowledgeable about the hydra clamps on the JCB as mine don't seem to be getting pressure. It didn't have the selector lever fitted when I got it but they were clamped up. I have had the valve out and replace the O rings including two seals that were a harder plastic (PTFE?) I ended up having to slit these to get them on which could be the problem but I tried heating in boiling water to soften and that didn't work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Introduction and question!

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:06 pm

Hi and welcome Max :wave: I am sure that somebody can offer you some good advice as there are plenty of JCB experts on here.

Jeremy

Topic author
dolphin_shoot

Post #3 by dolphin_shoot » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:44 pm

Hi Jeremy, thanks for the welcome, looking forwards to receiving some wisdom on my old 3cx. It doesn't have a lot of work to do but its a handy thing to have around. Started it on Friday after a good few weeks only to find its developed a fault with the diesel pump now :dizzy: I think the governers are sticking as it was slow to reach its set revs then wouldn't slow down! Eventually with so fiddling it slowed down then wouldn't rev back up unless I gently tapped the pump body. Will wait for some warmer weather before I tackle this problem though!

Regards

Max

Matchless?58

Post #4 by Matchless?58 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:05 am

If there was a bit of water in the fuel it might have got frozen with the low temperatures we have ATM . This might resolve itself once it warms up . Just a thought .

Jeremy Rowland

Post #5 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:40 am

Matchless?58 wrote:If there was a bit of water in the fuel it might have got frozen with the low temperatures we have ATM . This might resolve itself once it warms up . Just a thought .

Chris if there is any water in the fuel, then it needs to come out, with most fuel issues (but not all) it is easier to start with the cheap things first so change your fuel filters, clean out the sediment bowl (assuming there is one fitted) and check the state of the air filter. Note if you do find water in the system it may pay you to drain the fuel tank. Hope that helps.

Jeremy

Matchless?58

Post #6 by Matchless?58 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:59 pm

Thank you Jeremy but having reread my last post it was easy to misunderstand it .
I meant that if there was any water in the fuel then it may have turned to minute ice crystals which would of course cause running problems which may improve with higher temperatures as the ice melts .
Of course the water will then have to be removed and all the procedures you outlined should be followed to correct the problem .
Cheers Chris

Return to “Wheel Loaders”