Yale 134-A Loading Shovel

Discuss wheel loaders here

Topic author
v12cat

Yale 134-A Loading Shovel

Post #1 by v12cat » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:31 pm

Hi. I have a Yale 134-A which was bought many years ago for a job then suffered front diff damage. Ever since it has been parked up and ignored!

I now have a use for a cheap loader and after further investigation, the Yale is actually in quite good condition. The diff is not as bad as first thought so we are in the process of renovating the old thing.

I am trying to find information on the machine, for servicing needs and partly just out of interest.

I was wondering if anyone could steer me in the direction of either some info, or someone who could supply parts etc. I deal with Warwick Ward and they have helped but any other leads would be greatly received.

Thanks.

Al.

Nick Drew

Re: Yale 134-A Loading Shovel

Post #2 by Nick Drew » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:41 pm

Hi V12 ;)

Thanks for posting :thumbs_up:

No doubt our fellow member Tony(tctractors)Coates will be able to offer advise as he usually does on all things mechanical...He's a top man on such matters :thumbs_up:
Hope it all goes well for you with the Yale

Sure would be nice to see some photos of the old girl ;)

Nick :mrgreen:

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by tctractors » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:53 pm

Warwick Ward,is known to suffer with a shortage of something in there yard, and it's not loading shovels???? (try Money) when you leave there yard you dont need a wallet anymore, as you will have nothing to put in it, they are good in all they do, anyhow its good to read that you are fettling up an old banger to use as and when you please, I once owned a Yale shovel it was my yard crane/wheelbarrow, that had a diff gone as well, you could select 2or4 wheel drive, so I left it in the one that made the least noise, used it for years like this untill a local Hero made me an offer that was " FANTASTIC" for the old chariot, filling my pockets with Beer Tokens,
Anyhow what specificly are your main areas that you need help with , if its a parts/opps manual your best (cheapest) hope is at tractor shows/fairs, I can have a look in my Mountain of service books, if there is one there, its my gift, if I find one in the future I will send it to you,
Blowing it on tctractors

Topic author
v12cat

Post #4 by v12cat » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:50 pm

Nick Drew wrote:Hi V12 ;)

Thanks for posting :thumbs_up:

No doubt our fellow member Tony(tctractors)Coates will be able to offer advise as he usually does on all things mechanical...He's a top man on such matters :thumbs_up:
Hope it all goes well for you with the Yale

Sure would be nice to see some photos of the old girl ;)

Nick :mrgreen:

I only have one photo of her complete at the moment and that needs scanning so i will post it when I can persuade the scanner to work! I may take some semi dismantled pics tomorrow and post them.

Al.

Topic author
v12cat

Post #5 by v12cat » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:42 pm

tctractors wrote:[....]
Anyhow what specificly are your main areas that you need help with , if its a parts/opps manual your best (cheapest) hope is at tractor shows/fairs, I can have a look in my Mountain of service books, if there is one there, its my gift, if I find one in the future I will send it to you,
Blowing it on tctractors

That's very kind of you Tony.

Parts and service / opp manuals is my main area of interest.

There is some interesting bits on it that don't quite make sense to me. A nylon oil pipe linking a valve on the torque converter to the top of the crowd ram spool valve?? An air switch on the floor with no obvious place for it's two broken pipes to connect??

Topic author
v12cat

Post #6 by v12cat » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:34 pm

v12cat wrote:I only have one photo of her complete at the moment and that needs scanning so i will post it when I can persuade the scanner to work!
Al.

The scanned photo of my 134A, minus it's cab.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Post #7 by tctractors » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:58 pm

v12cat, I must say those old Yales take the gold star in Ugly looks, but in their day thought to be Good Kit, I will dig out some pic's of my old chariot, I think it looked about the same but had a bit of a cab, does your shovel have a lever for selecting 2-4 wheel drive to the right of the seat, I will also post a few pics of a couple of V12 motors I did the new piston / liner job to last year sadly they were Cummins, I also did the same job on a V16 Cummins in November.
tctractors

Topic author
v12cat

Post #8 by v12cat » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:30 pm

tctractors wrote:v12cat, I must say those old Yales take the gold star in Ugly looks, but in their day thought to be Good Kit, I will dig out some pic's of my old chariot, I think it looked about the same but had a bit of a cab, does your shovel have a lever for selecting 2-4 wheel drive to the right of the seat, I will also post a few pics of a couple of V12 motors I did the new piston / liner job to last year sadly they were Cummins, I also did the same job on a V16 Cummins in November.
tctractors

Yes, 4wd is to the right of the seat. Next to the high / low gear selector. Mine has a cab too but was taken off when this pic was taken.

We run several Cummins engines. All 6BTA's. Find them very good engines.

QuAD

Post #9 by QuAD » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:58 pm

Get us your E-mail address, we have a service manual of this beautiful Yale-Trojan loader.

RossHarv

Post #10 by RossHarv » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:29 am

hi everyone. I have a Yale 134-A wheeled loader that I use for light duties around the farm. It has just stopped moving forwards and/or reverse. This happened gradually, ie took longer and longer with high revs to get her to move. Then I had a hydraulic delivery pipe burst on me which led to to think that the problem was a rubbed through suction (as both the burst hope and the one it rubbed against were badly rubbed. The other hose was the thick main suction pipe from the reservoir to the main hyd. pump). now that I have replaced both hoses, I have no movement still. Wondering if the problem is in the component that lurks within the "bellhousing". if I have oil pressure to this unit, presumably a torque converter, process of elimination suggests the issue might be a damaged torque converter, possibly caused from running it with no oil (whilst I waited for the hyd pump to pressure up).
if anyone has any information, I would really appreciate a manual or schematic showing how the drive line works.
suggestions of any nature are most welcome! thanks in anticipation, Ross

Return to “Wheel Loaders”