Chaseside

Discuss wheel loaders here

john
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Chaseside

Post #41 by john » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:59 pm

Hi you may find that Quinton Hazell do a king pin kit at weatherills we used to use them for the old 12H and 2H machines.

tim1casa

Post #42 by tim1casa » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:55 pm

Thanks for that, but I had a look on their web site, and downloaded their catalogue. Sadly there is no mention of Chaseside, or wetherills, or even JCB. I will e-mail them when I have removed the old set, so I can at least send them some dimensions.

essexpete

Post #43 by essexpete » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:03 am

tim1casa wrote:Thanks for the advice. when I take them off, I'll try and contact a classic lorry spares dealer, and see if they are the same

As regards Spain, I'm also taking another tractor back, and repatriating our Nissan terrano, as it is LHD, and has Spanish plates. so it will be one load hopefully. Finding a machine in Spain is difficult, they are not cheap, and most have had their linkages destroyed on the hard terrain. I'm not the first person, by any means, to follow this route.

And you will be OK for the skid unit repairs with all those Fordson/Edbros out there!

tim1casa

Post #44 by tim1casa » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:27 pm

Started on removing kingpins today. Totally shot, but were quite easy to extract. I will have another set turned up by a local engineer, along with a new cotter pin, and a new set of thrust bearings should see the wheels upright again. I will have to weld up and then file back to shape the axle ends. Then its repairing the tin work. The cab is very rusted, but as they are flat steel sheets, shouldn't be too difficult, but the bonnet is dented and misshapen, plus the wings need a gentle hammer to straighten out. Paint and lights eventually. Otherwise starts and runs well. I would love a decent set of tyres though!

essexpete

Post #45 by essexpete » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:15 pm

Don't foreget some photos when you get the chance!

martyn williams

Post #46 by martyn williams » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:01 pm

Will do when I get the go ahead to put them up in the public domain :lol: (See Chaseside info thread)
Martyn

tim1casa

Post #47 by tim1casa » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:43 pm

Hi Martyn.

What Chaseside are you restoring? I've got a very battered looking LM700.

Tim

martyn williams

Post #48 by martyn williams » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:11 pm

My mate has restored the one at the start of this thread with a tree growing through it. It looks fantastic. :thumbup:
Martyn

tim1casa

Post #49 by tim1casa » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:29 pm

Here are some pics of my LM700. Looks pretty tatty, but starts on the button, hydraulics appear OK, the pins on the loader arms seem in pretty good shape, except for the lower set on the bucket. Cab and bonnet rough, instruments destroyed, but has been like this for thirty years since the farmer I bought off acquired it from the demolition gang dismantling Garrets at Leiston. So it has only been doing light farmyard work, but being near to the seaside, the plate-work has suffered. I have already taken off the kingpins, but I'm going to have to remove the front axle assembly to restore the axle ends. Does any one know if there was any kind of camber on the front wheels. Such was the wear, that it is impossible to ascertain the correct angle the hubs were held on the ends, it was possible they were vertical. :think: posting.php#
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

martyn williams

Post #50 by martyn williams » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:43 pm

Hello Tim
Please keep us posted on its restorating,don't forget photos :thumbup:
Martyn

Return to “Wheel Loaders”