Chris5500

Re: Komatsu Wheeled Loaders.

Post #12 by Chris5500 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:55 pm

hahaha! I have a good sense of humour so I can relate to the 994 comment :D
LeToilet's however are far from a joke!! :wtf:

Ross

Post #13 by Ross » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:57 pm

Chris5500 wrote:hahaha! I have a good sense of humour so I can relate to the 994 comment :D

:lol: Aye well thr 994F's are allot better than the frankenstein 994's of Old 8-)

Heard some Bad things about LeT's Down-under .. The L1850's do Ok in the Harsh Mountians of BC tho .. Maybe they dont like the heat?

BulldozerD11

Post #14 by BulldozerD11 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:03 am

Chris5500 wrote:And the Daddy of wheel loaders...

:thumbup: Cheers Chris for posting photos, that is some size loader. Be like Driving a house about, sat on the roof , looking at hieight compared to bloke in overalls next to it. :o

Dont fancy the bill for the service or filling her up :lol:

Dave
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

wxmman

Post #15 by wxmman » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:26 pm

Apparently the WA800 @ Salt Union in Winsford has gone down. Dropped a valve.........again.
Nothing runs like a Deere, - being chased by a big Cat..........

Jim M
Flag: Great Britain

Post #16 by Jim M » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:40 pm

Here's that very Komatsu WA800 taken at the 2007 Hill Head show. Yours truly in pic.

Jim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chris5500

Post #17 by Chris5500 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:33 pm

Ross wrote:
Chris5500 wrote:hahaha! I have a good sense of humour so I can relate to the 994 comment :D

:lol: Aye well thr 994F's are allot better than the frankenstein 994's of Old 8-)

Heard some Bad things about LeT's Down-under .. The L1850's do Ok in the Harsh Mountians of BC tho .. Maybe they dont like the heat?

I personally haven’t worked on one but I've heard plenty of stories from operators and mechanics alike. I have to be honest though; I haven't heard any about overheating problems. We also have a brand new 1850 at work so I've had firsthand experience of it in operation and of the operator and mechanics opinions, but of course they are just opinions so I've tried to include some facts here!

We've had the 1850 for 6 months now and it's still having its teething problems. Production is generally around the 1800-2200 TPH where as the 1200's is around 2200-2900 TPH. It burns 30 litres of engine oil per day (24 hours). The tire wear is up around 14mm per week! It's budgeted for 4 sets of new tires in 18 months but at the current rate it would be 16 sets! As a result, the tractive effort of the wheel motors has been backed off (as if it wasn't already struggling to fill the bucket) to around 60-70% I believe. Many air leaks and auto-lube problems. The design of the air box is quite poor, mounted on the side near the engine, sucking in hot air, no safety inners and no protection from water so come rain the dust turns to mud and is sucked through. Operator visibility is very poor; the hydraulic tank has been ripped off twice due to this. Recently, one of the 1200's had to tow it out of the face because the tank was completely ripped off.

Heard some stories off D11's pushing them into the face over in the west when they get a bit tired and sad, even stories of them going into the face and leaving the loading arms and bucket there! They've been chased out of the Pilbara region in WA because of their bad performance. Bit like a camel, very stubborn, will only do what it wants to do, i.e. dig coal and only coal. No good at all in hard rock!

Flame away LeTourneau fans.

Ross

Post #18 by Ross » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:03 pm

Chris5500 wrote:
Ross wrote:

I personally haven’t worked on one but I've heard plenty of stories from operators and mechanics alike. I have to be honest though; I haven't heard any about overheating problems. We also have a brand new 1850 at work so I've had firsthand experience of it in operation and of the operator and mechanics opinions, but of course they are just opinions so I've tried to include some facts here!

We've had the 1850 for 6 months now and it's still having its teething problems. Production is generally around the 1800-2200 TPH where as the 1200's is around 2200-2900 TPH. It burns 30 litres of engine oil per day (24 hours). The tire wear is up around 14mm per week! It's budgeted for 4 sets of new tires in 18 months but at the current rate it would be 16 sets! As a result, the tractive effort of the wheel motors has been backed off (as if it wasn't already struggling to fill the bucket) to around 60-70% I believe. Many air leaks and auto-lube problems. The design of the air box is quite poor, mounted on the side near the engine, sucking in hot air, no safety inners and no protection from water so come rain the dust turns to mud and is sucked through. Operator visibility is very poor; the hydraulic tank has been ripped off twice due to this. Recently, one of the 1200's had to tow it out of the face because the tank was completely ripped off.

Heard some stories off D11's pushing them into the face over in the west when they get a bit tired and sad, even stories of them going into the face and leaving the loading arms and bucket there! They've been chased out of the Pilbara region in WA because of their bad performance. Bit like a camel, very stubborn, will only do what it wants to do, i.e. dig coal and only coal. No good at all in hard rock!

Flame away LeTourneau fans.

Dont worry about any flaming going on there Chris. Real time opinions cannot be ignored.

You make a good point in the above Post. All the L1850's Ive encountered have been 100% Coal loader's .. No rock shifting.

Maybe thats why they do Ok in the Hard Coke Coal mines? Loading out Wabco 170's and 830E's ..

I agree about the air-filters as well .. Silly Design .. Ive seen some Damaged LeT's limping back to the shop .. The electrical Cabinet's are in very Dangerous place when it comes to Rock Jobs.

Would love to see some Carnage Pictures 8-)

Return to “Wheel Loaders”