Hoveringham Gravels new book release

Do you own or read any interesting books or magazines related to machinery? Let us know!

Topic author
Whitlock 505
Flag: Wales

Hoveringham Gravels new book release

Post #1 by Whitlock 505 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:02 pm

Gents

Hope this is of interest and we all share the same passion, once the muck has been levelled in come the gravel boys and I've worked in both sides!

A new book has been released on the history and background of the Hoveringham Gravel company by Andy Howdle who started work for them over 47 years ago before they were acquired by Tarmac, entitled The Story of the Mammoth it contains 550+ pictures, 210 pages with 32,000 words including anecdotes from former employees of the Hoveringham transport in its heyday. Priced at £33 including postage (in the UK) will be well worth a read and taking up residence in people's library collections, to order your copy Andy can be contacted on email at andy@hoveringhamgravels.co.uk or via facebook by searching Andy Howdle

Cheers
Ian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

modelman093
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Hoveringham Gravels new book release

Post #2 by modelman093 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:17 pm

Could be tempted !
I lived in London in the late 50s, early 60s and there was still a lot of post WW2 rebuilding going on and there was a firm running a fleet of half cab eight leggers (Foden I think) out of a wharf in Battersea delivering sand and ballast to building sites all over town. Memory fails me a bit but I think it was Hoveringham . One thing that sticks in the mind was that when empty they had a fair turn of speed at the traffic light Grand Prix!

Return to “Books”