Drotts

Discuss track loaders here

Topic author
smithhymac
Flag: Great Britain

Drotts

Post #1 by smithhymac » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:00 am

Hi all, would anybody be able to help me? I'd like to have a pictorial time line of early/first incarnation of the drott up until maybe the mid 70's? I'm really interested in finding more out about the early years of the concept, was drott the first tracked loader or just the first 4in1 bucket producer?
Cheers morgan

martyn williams

Re: Drotts

Post #2 by martyn williams » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Drott mfg fitted 4 in 1 buckets to Allis Chalmers machines early days,they then fitted Drott equipment to International Harvester machines such as the TD6 and TD15's in the USA and BTD6 B100,B125 etc in the UK
Photo shows an early BTD6 Drott on demo and John Drott senior on his own machine.
Search through CMN for more details :thumbup:
Martyn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
smithhymac
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by smithhymac » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am

Thanks Martyn, interesting pictures and info! I'm trying to find a drott for my collection and just doing abit of research into the models so I know what to look for and looks like a BTD6 is the machine for me!
cheers morgan

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Post #4 by FOWLER MAN » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:23 pm

smithhymac wrote:Hi all, would anybody be able to help me? I'd like to have a pictorial time line of early/first incarnation of the drott up until maybe the mid 70's? I'm really interested in finding more out about the early years of the concept, was drott the first tracked loader or just the first 4in1 bucket producer?
Cheers morgan

Hi Morgan,
Drott was a company who produced a range of equipment in the USA including hydraulic excavators and cranes.
They patented the clam bucket design and the early offerings were mounted in place of a dozer blade as Martin said they were fitted to Allis, Cletrac and others.
The loaders were developed with IH but kept the Drott name Drott buckets have been fitted to other loaders too.
TD18 Drott Clam Dozer.jpg
Oliver.Cletrac.dozer.jpg

I think the BTD6 was the first Drott Loader to appear in the UK.
Fred
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

martyn williams

Post #5 by martyn williams » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:51 am

Some Drott photos, me on a 125 that I used to have ,may be a future project for Fred .She had not run for many years but after some work,got it going and put it on a job. Good engine and good pushing power
Martyn

Chuck Bell

Post #6 by Chuck Bell » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:08 pm

trying to find out why my drott wont steer

martyn williams

Post #7 by martyn williams » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:39 pm

May just be steering clutch adjustment or brake. Around 3 inches freeplay. What machine do you have ?
Martyn

Return to “Track Loaders”