JOHN W DROTT FAMILY

Discuss track loaders here

Topic author
martyn williams

Re: JOHN W DROTT FAMILY

Post #21 by martyn williams » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:32 pm

Just had a new member join my website.
Martin Drott:
I am the Grandson of the founder E.A.Drott. I live in Northern Illinois and I am a Manufacturers Rep. for various Construction Equipment Companies

I will be asking him to join us on CMN.
Martyn

Nick Drew

Post #22 by Nick Drew » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:00 pm

B100 LOADER wrote:Just had a new member join my website.
Martin Drott:
I am the Grandson of the founder E.A.Drott. I live in Northern Illinois and I am a Manufacturers Rep. for various Construction Equipment Companies

I will be asking him to join us on CMN.
Martyn

Thats great stuff Martyn :thumbup:

Nick

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #23 by martyn williams » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:40 am

Its great to have people like this make contact as the Drott family have made major contributions to the construction industry,
Hopefully we will get some information and photos on this matter :thumbup:
Martyn

brian falcone

Post #24 by brian falcone » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:17 am

this topic is great. i have memories of my grandfathers equipment that he owned back in the 70s . allways bought internationals but i recall when he sold his td9 with hough loader and bought a used td9 drott skid shovel...i remember him and my father walking around the machine and looking it over. they kept commenting how the drott loader was superior in so many ways over the other version they had. it was a good machine and it stayed on the property for 20 years or so doing work on the land. only recently we scrapped it .it was parked after it threw a rod and it sat in the elements far too long to be salvaged. i guess the drott name sunk in as ive allways liked the machines and still keep an international around just in case i need it. ive allways wondered about the people who built and designed these machines there was a drott promotional film on youtube a little while back showing the varuious uses of the macine. ill post a link to it.

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #25 by martyn williams » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:45 pm

The BTD6 Drott loader was the machine that got me hooked on plant and machinery.
What impressed me is what they could do,just look at that youtube footage that Brian posted.
In the 1960's there were IH Drotts on most sites along with other favorites, the Hymac 580 C and the 22 RB. Some Drotts to look at
Martyn
Note the TD6 in this group of photos is the same machine that John sr is driving at the start of the post.Other photos taken at Pontypridd,Welland,Devon Carmarthen and the Dorset steam fair.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #26 by martyn williams » Mon May 30, 2011 11:02 am

Just had an email from John Drott jr,I have invited him to join us on CMN.He also said that he will dig out some old photos.I would be great if he will join us and share the developement of his companies products over many years. :thumbup:
Martyn

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #27 by Holger » Mon May 30, 2011 11:09 am

Great news!
He might have some broschures or other documents to share?!
Some resources:
How-To

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #28 by martyn williams » Tue May 31, 2011 1:34 am

Here are some to look at :thumbup:
Martyn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

palmany

Post #29 by palmany » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:03 pm

B100 LOADER wrote:Here are some to look at :thumbup:
Martyn

If you are still in contact with the Drott family here are some photos to share.

The third and fourth are a TD14A at work in the NYC (1953) are and one of the earliest models in the NY area. The second is a 175 IH (1964) again in NYC and a very early model.
The first is a a TD15 excavating in 1961 at the base of the Statue of Liberty NYC.
My father's firm used Drott equiped IH exclusively from the early '50's until the mid 70's among them TD 9, TD14A, TD 15, 175 and 250 track loaders. Enjoy.

Mike P.

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #30 by martyn williams » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:08 pm

Smashing photos Mike :thumbup:
I will be adding some more Drott photos to my website soon.Just sent John Drott some photos.
I purchased a DVD from the Primetime video stand at Malvern,some great footage of TD15 at the Drott proving ground at Tomahawk.
Well worth a view for loader fans :thumbup:
Martyn

Return to “Track Loaders”