BTD6 Drott

Discuss track loaders here

Topic author
martyn williams

Re: BTD6 Drott

Post #71 by martyn williams » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:16 pm

Nearly there
Martyn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #72 by martyn williams » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:53 pm

Gave the Drott a good run for a time today,the replacement injector has made the difference as the engine exhaust is clear after running for three minutes.Gave the machine a two hour run.Only defect is a minor fuel leak on the filter bowl,a washer should fix that.Work on the bucket rubdown has been started but again the weather is holding things up again. Only nine jobs left on the list now.
Martyn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #73 by martyn williams » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:38 pm

Started rubbing down the bucket today.Will be taking advantage of the forcasted good weather for the next two days to try and complete this project.
Martyn

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #74 by martyn williams » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:57 pm

Bit more progress,all the welding on the bucket is now complete.Also got hold of a genuine hydraulic divertor valve and a load of ripper tines.So this machine will eventually be fitted with a scarifier.I need about 3 days of good weather to complete the Drott.Nearly there.
Martyn

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #75 by martyn williams » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:25 pm

This machine is fitted with a scarifier,note the divertor valve on the side of the machine by the driver.I intend to fit a scarifier to my Drott.Just obtained a second scarifier.Will make the pipework sit a bit neater on my Drott.I have just refurbished a divertor valve.
[video]http://youtu.be/7lWkTzukOKw[/video]

Julian

Post #76 by Julian » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:42 pm

B100 LOADER wrote:.I need about 3 days of good weather to complete the Drott.Nearly there.
Martyn

The weather is supposed to be coming good later on this week and expected to last for a week or so. It'll be handy for the farmers, hardly any combining yet around me...

Julian.

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #77 by martyn williams » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:11 am

I have worked out a good position to fit the divertor valve.There are a few different mounting positions on these machines but within the same area.I will mount it ontop of the hydraulic filter cover.This would put it close to the other levers and not bolted to the outside of the valveblock cover making it vunerable to damage as you can see in the video.Also it will make the run of hydraulic pipes much neater.All I need to do is fit two 10 mm studs to the cover plate.The supply for the valves is off the 4 in 1 valveblock segment.Already have pipes that will connect valveblock to divertor with no modification required.The supply to the 4 in 1 from the divertor is straight forward.The scarifier pipes can run over the top of the hydraulic tank or just down under the right side of the seat and under the fuel tank.
Martyn

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #78 by martyn williams » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:18 pm

Belly plate fitted now,some fine tuning and a bit more painting left to do.Been a long slog made much harder with our poor weather.
Taking the Drott to a local show in October,then got to pick up the rest of the scarifier, which is in Bucks. Then the TD6 has to be got home for completion of its restoration.
Martyn

Jobs left to do...................... fit left side engine cover, paint a couple of bits under the machine,paint Drott in white on loader frame and counter weight,give it a clean and final grease up. An thats it :thumbup:

Mongolandre

Post #79 by Mongolandre » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:43 am

Wonderful job, Martyn! Isn't it amazing what determination, passion and care can do?

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #80 by martyn williams » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:13 pm

Thanks
Martyn

Return to “Track Loaders”