INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER BTD6 DROTTS.

Discuss track loaders here

Topic author
martyn williams

INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER BTD6 DROTTS.

Post #1 by martyn williams » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:14 pm

This is an interesting lineup of IH machines taken at Stratford on Avon. Note the brand new Drotts.There dont seem to be many colour photos of these machines.
The colour of the machines changed to yellow in 1964.When the machines went to the dealers
Saville tractors,and refurbished they were given a yellow paint job.
These machines were seen on lots of sites all over the UK. When new they cost around £4000.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

v1230nm
Flag: Great Britain

Re: INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER BTD6 DROTTS.

Post #2 by v1230nm » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:52 pm

I worked for Saville Tractors in Stratford-Upon Avon until the late 80's and remember the workshop very well. The chap with the black jacket on was John Kinchin who was the Publicity Manager in those days. I am not sure who the other two gents are. In 1985 we moved out of Harvester House and it was subsequently demolished to make way for a new supermarket.

On my last day I worked there in 1988 we took delivery in big chunks the largest machine we ever sold a Dresser 970C that was to be used for shovelling coal at a power station near Nottingham. I wonder if there are any photos of it actually working? I think it was capable of shifting 600 tonnes an hour.

Return to “Track Loaders”