Your opinion for purchase cat 963 C

Discuss track loaders here

Topic author
Nikos_23

Your opinion for purchase cat 963 C

Post #1 by Nikos_23 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:18 am

Hello to all...I am from Greece and i have a company with trucks and excavators.i would like to buy a track loader and i want if someone knows or have a same loader to help me with information about problems,and everything want.The track loader is a caterpillar 963C 2000model with 13000hours for 42000euro.I think that has a lot of hours....do anyone knows about the hours who work good engine,pump and all parts for this machine???thanks for your time and i believe that i will find friends with same interests!!!

IANOZ

Re: Your opinion for purchase cat 963 C

Post #2 by IANOZ » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:39 am

Hi Nikos,Welcome to the forum. As far as the hours go on the machine ,i guess it depends on how well the mantanance has been kept up to it. there are machines working 24 hours a day 7 days a week in coal mines etc with very high hours on them but well mantained.and still working hard.. If you dont find the info your looking for here try the antique caterpillar enthusiast forum , what those guys dont know about caterpillar isn't worth knowing .If you buy it ,hope every thing goes OK and you get good service out of it .How is the work going in greece busy or quiet like here in australia ? ian.

Topic author
Nikos_23

Post #3 by Nikos_23 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:42 am

Thanks for reply ian.This 963 work in rubbish so its not hard hours but it is 13000 and i am afraid...the seller not know if has some replaced or rebuild items.Thats why i want to know how many hours work good engine and hydro pump.finally here in greece the work sometimes busy sometimes quiet but the bad is that all are expensive(diesel,parts,machines).thanks for your time i hope that i speak with you again....

muckshifter

Post #4 by muckshifter » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:10 pm

its at the hours now its due for overhaul.

Nick Drew

Post #5 by Nick Drew » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:13 pm

Welcome to CMN Nikolaos, :D

I hope you are getting some helpful answers here at the forum :thumbs_up:

Nick ;)

newjcb123uk

Post #6 by newjcb123uk » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:40 pm

Nikolaos- Ive bought several machines like this over the years - :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A man reaps what he sows"

Topic author
Nikos_23

Post #7 by Nikos_23 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:29 pm

Thanks for all reply..i am very happy who find people with same interests...newjcb123uk is the same track loader with same bucket the machine would like to buy...tell me all the problems who have....do you have any machine in 13000hours???do you know how many hours work good hydro pump and engine???i would like to tell me everything you believe that i find interesting for this machines....

JimInOz
Flag: Australia

Post #8 by JimInOz » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:31 am

HI Nikos,
Any machine used in landfill work will be subject to a lot of mud & other abrasives...which can wear track gear & build up in belly pans ,etc.
In a wet week,a machine can be walking around for days at a time,with tracks & cavities full of mud & rubbish.If the operator is too busy or lazy to regularly clean the machine,you can get wear problems,plus overheating issues for trans & engine too.
Always check around the undercarriage for wire which has wrapped itself around sprockets,etc.
Sometimes,landfill machines are used by many operators....some of whom are not good to the machine.
I would think very carefully about buying a high houred,ex landfill machine.
Good luck
Jim

martyn williams

Post #9 by martyn williams » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:25 pm

It has highish hours but if it has been maintained well and operated by a good operator it might be ok.I would think on those hours that it may need a overhaul. I would look very closely at the running gear and loader arm pin wear as this could be costly to overhaul.For a 2000 machine,13000 hours is not bad.If it has been on tip work all its working life, that won't be as bad as a 13000 hour machine working in hard rock conditions.
Good luck
Martyn

Topic author
Nikos_23

Post #10 by Nikos_23 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:32 pm

I gone and check the machine again and i am really surprised for the contition...First of all its 2002 not 2000 i dont remember and i write 2000 in my first post.Second has new sprocket and chains,the hydro and machine works very good,not smoke and more power.Third i dig a lot and not smoke when i try to push a big mountain i saw that has a lot of power.Fourth i like the inside cabin very clean and good...the inside is as new and has camera to operate when go back....thanks for all guys....i will buy and i hope that all be ok..i will post photos....

Return to “Track Loaders”